Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

MZ Boiler

Options
What have your experences been?

Comments

• John Cardone_2
    John Cardone_2 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Monitor MZ Reliability

I purchased an MZ 2 years ago because the quality was very high and I totally agree. There have been no problems with the unit and I don't have to touch it for 5 years.

I went to their website (www.mzboiler.com) and talked to some people on their testimonial page. They even listed their phone #s.

I can't understand why there aren't more installed. They probably need an advertising agency because the product is great - efficient, quiet, space saving, etc.
  • Ken_8
    Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
    Options
    Of the three very high efficiency boilers

I install on a regular basis, I consider the MZ to be the finest!

The other two I have installed are the HPI Munckin and W/M Ultra.

I would take anyone of the three in my own home - in a heartbeat.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Phil_6
    Phil_6 Member Posts: 210
    Options
    Love mine

Have one in my house for 3 years now and a couple more out in the field and they work like a dream. Highly recommended.
  • R. Kalia
    R. Kalia Member Posts: 349
    Options
    see their web page

Under 'for contractors' in their web page, look around and you'll find some text about how it is built and how much service it needs. Of course this text has a PR function, but people seem to agree that it is the truth---it is built like a tank, fairly simple design, very few things to go wrong.

This has its disadvanatges. The design is ~20 years old---almost as well tested as cast iron technology, but not particularly innovative. There are no new-fangled features like electronic controls/displays or outdoor reset or modulating burners.

It comes with a circulator and tank built in, but in some cases the circulator will be too weak and/or the tank too small.

And it is fairly expensive.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    I have one

in my shop and office. They run, and run, and run. They did their R&D before they hit the US market :)

Not as fancy control wise, and they don't modulate. BUT that might be an excellent trade off for a boiler that doesn't break down.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Any feedback

on the Monitor FCX boiler ? Looks like that unit would fit in nice under my stairs with a small indirect .
  • MZ

is GREAT unit unless you have problems with the way they got put togeather in France.

I've experienced good & bad from team MZ USA. Mostly good. An excelent product. Simple unit and efficient.

Gary

• Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    Top Notch!

The ones we've installed are like the Energizer Bunny - they keep going, & going, & going...........

Pete Caruso is one of the finest gentlemen in this business and a straight shooter.

They have a modulating unit - in Eurpoe :(

• Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Options
    MZ Boilers

I have installed close to thirty of these boilers and eight of their tanks over the last five years. I have had very few problems. On the two cases where we did have problems, the parts were overnighted and on my desk by 10am the next morning.

Pate Caruso and Montor Products, Inc. have been great to work with and I continue to use their products.

-DF

• Dan Foley
    Options
    MZ Boilers

I have installed close to thirty MZ boilers and several tanks with no problems. We had one aquastat relay fail and Pete Caruso had a replacement part to me by 10am the next morning.

I will continue to use their products. -DF

• Tom Stayer_2
    Tom Stayer_2 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    MZ support

As Regional Manager for Monitor Products Inc, I would like to thank those of you who are supporting the MZ’s reliability and endurance within this thread. In order to address the original inquiry of this thread I am asking the writer to contact me at 800-524-1102 ext 41 and I can assist you further via phone.
    Another query was made about the FCX. The FCX is an Oil Fired Condensing Boiler with an output of 76,100 Btus. Again, please contact me at the number enclosed for more information.
  • Nron_9
    Nron_9 Member Posts: 237
    Options
    Nice work Dan

Some execllent work here Dan have you been using Danfoss long , are Some of the panels made by hps , who makes th Boiler as were not familular with the shortned name
    Nron
  • Dan Foley
    Options
    Panels

Hi Nron,

Where are you from? We have been using the Danfoss panels for about three years and we really like them. Most of the panels pictured are from Danfoss but one of the panels is from HPS out of Canada. The MZ boilers are from Monitor Products. -DF

This discussion has been closed.