Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Losing Water

Options
Greetings,
I am losing more than water, I am losing my mind. I have an older HB Smith Boiler with a hot water coil. The eye levele is dropping about three inches everyday. I have replaced all my valves on my radiators. I can't see any leaking pipes either in the house or on the return pipes or mains. There dosen't appear to be any moisture around the boiler. I was told that I need to replace the Main Steam Vents, which I am going to do. Hard to image that much water is being lost from the Main Steam Vents. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Aldo

Comments

• Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    Those SmithBoilers have the rubber orings right/

you could be losing steam/water up the flue....but more more likely you are losing it through bad main vents that hiss after they should be off. also tighten up all your packing nuts an change any vents that don't stop hissing once the steam gets to them. replace any vents with gortons...the rest are all bad substitutes. remember good dry steam is barely visible to the naked eye...oh do you have any wet returns or steam lines that go out into a crawl space. i had a job that drove me nuts last season...slowly but surely i found all the leaks nothing obvious. mad dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.