Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ridiculess Question

Options
Paul_28
Paul_28 Member Posts: 113
Is there a preferred direction of flow with ball valves?

Comments

• So it looks neat?;-)

I don't think so. But, I prefer the handle to swing in the dirrection of flow. Just makes a bit more sense to me.

AIM user name: Radiantfloors

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Guy_5
    Guy_5 Member Posts: 159
    Options

I always liked when the handle hit another pipe and was unable to fully open. I usually discovered this at 4:30PM at the final stage of an install, with the system fully charged. It didn't take me long to look before I installed.....
  • Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    how about clockwise to close?

and if you can only fit it wrong, then who cares - just make sure you can get at the packing nut - i use a lot of watts b61111's EAZY-SWEAT o-ring based screw together three piece ball valves - so you can swivel the valve body after the fact
  • The old tried and true method

to fix the valve handle that hits the pipe - bend the handle .
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    wondering

with that statement in mind I am now wondering how many bent handles I have left in my short career..:)
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Flip the handle

the other way. Yeah, you have to bend the stop tab up, but looks better than bending the handle or chopping it down.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Would it be too difficult

to make a ball valve that has stops on both sides ?
  • Billy March
    Billy March Member Posts: 43
    Options
    spelling

That is a ridiculess way to spell ridiculous!!! Just my sorry attempt at humor!!!
This discussion has been closed.