Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

new hydro/indirect job

jim f
jim f Member Posts: 182
heres a system we just fired up the other day. this system consits of a wgo-5 weil mclain boiler with two air handlers in attic one of which is a 2 zone system. these units are trane variable speed units with media cleaners and a trane air handler to condition future finished basement. also a weil mclain indirect plus 100 was incorporated, large size was needed to provide all the large shower heads and several large whirpool tubs. two twin 330 gallon oil tanks supply fuel for the heating plant.

Comments

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Very nice......

very clean..is the T&P installed in the water piping? Isn't it supposed to be in the tank...kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • jim f

honestly..... i was not contracted to do domestic water piping. they asked if i supplied the t-p valve and i gave them a xl-100. then they asked in broken english whats the third tapping on the tank for and i started to explain the rec loop and slowly backed away.... i gave them the book and made sure it went back in my folder for homeowners future reference. im sure the instructions where in spanish too!!! if it where me, `140-160* in tank, mixing valve on top of tank with thermometer on hot water out to verify temp.
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    you should say something....

beetter to protect the customer and CYA. kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • jim f

oh believe me it was mentioned
  • Hey Jim , where ya been ?

Always amazed at your craftsmanship . How are the Weil/Phase 3 tanks holding up ? Do you use them much ?

Looks like a huge indirect for only 1/2 domestic piping ( I think ? ) . Sounds like the guys who installed the tank won't fix the relief valve placement . If you got the time , maybe explain to the homeowner it's not in the right spot and change it for them on the cuff . Going beyond the call is always remembered by the customer . And you know who gets the 1st call if something happens . Also something to check - the 100XL might be too small for the tank . Starting to get expensive now . Tough spot to be in considering you didn't even pipe the domestic .

Good to see you posting pics of your work again Jim .
This discussion has been closed.