Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

-16 below last night and snow. Who says spring has sprung?

Rocky
Rocky Member Posts: 121
sixteen below and snow last night. snowing today and tomorrow with 3 to 4 inches accumulation. Actually had a freeze up two nights ago when it went to -25 below. Circa 1950's home here had radiant ceiling. 1/2" tubing in ceiling. Had a kitchen remodel done where original plaster ceiling came out, lights and other stuff added, then a drywall ceiling put back in. Old insulation got moved around a bit and there was a fist sized hole open to the eaves. You could literally stick your hand outside through the eves. Needless to say, when the -25 below hit two nights ago, the Rigid Propress fittings we had in there when we moved some piping for the contractor froze and pushed out of the joint. The new ceiling came down on the new hardwood kitchen floor. Thought I had a Propress failure till we opened the ceiling up and saw the hole open to the outside. This is the second time I've seen Propress push on a freeze up. At least the pipe doesn't split. The Propress is the weakest point and relieves the pressure. C'mon Spring-time!
Warm regards from Chilly Fairbanks
Rocky

Comments

• Pat Clark
    Pat Clark Member Posts: 187
    Spring has sprung

-6 here in Anchorage this morning. We got about 8 inches of snow Friday and Saturday - - OF COURSE the Spring Home Show was going on!!!!! Not as bas as 2 years ago when we got 24 inches on Sat nite and NOBODY could even get to the show on Sunday (boy was that a boring day). Sun shining bright this am and supposed to get to the 40's by the weekend and possible rain. Which of course is always great to have on top of snow. Body shops will have another great spring this year.

Pat
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Rocky!

i am doing a rough in:)))
    my guys are secretly Hating me:))) it was 30 below outside my door this morning about 6 am. i'm got open walls:))) its colder in the building than Out side:) the one we are getting out of Patrick came by and poured a few days ago and the 600 gallons of water is making itself Known! :))) the boilers tempt in with rehau and hepex to a couple unit heaters and some long loop baseboard its about 55 in there. :) pat Clark :) hey long time Farbanks resident! so escaped with the snow birds to Anchorage Hey :) My little sister lives down there too:) saw gladys and mrs mears a few months ago..thinking of you :) Bill
This discussion has been closed.