Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

POWER VENT IS IN

Options
Dave Merklein
Dave Merklein Member Posts: 61
The power vent is installed and appears to be working but working loudly any one have any good sound deadening suggestions?????

Comments

• ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    power venter

how about a picture lookig straigt up from the floor showing how the flue pipes attach to power venter

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Could you

please post a pic of the spill switch on the water heater?

It doesn't look right in the pic, but that could just be the angle.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    Never

had any luck trying to make them less noisy; that's why I don't use them anymore. Even though you tell everyone that they are loud, either the neighbor or the homeowner gets upset.

• Nick W
    Nick W Member Posts: 200
    Options
  • Dave Merklein
    Options

the flue size being reduced is the whole reason for the power venter. here are more pics
  • Dave Merklein
    Options

one more pic
  • RichW
    RichW Member Posts: 28
    Options

The spill switch looks like a manual reset cap. tube-looks fine. Have you tried resilient hangers? Might help a little. Good Luck.
  • GEO_3
    GEO_3 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Chimney?

Are you venting into a chimney or just through a wall?
  • joe_17
    joe_17 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    why

the tape on flue pipe,isnt that negative pressure inside pipe.
  • Dave Merklein
    Options

In to a chimney
  • Jack_23
    Jack_23 Member Posts: 153
    Options
    not the right unit

A power venter creates positive pressure. A chimney is a negative pressure device. You are pressurizing a negative pressure device. What you need to use is a "draft inducer". The draft inducer provides an assist for "lazy" draft but depends on the natural boyancey of the flue gases to maintain a negative pressure in the vent. by pressurizing the chimney you can create a potential hazard as the flue gases (will, can, may) escape the chimney into the living space
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    there is a roof power venter ....

venting is an important subject..what you have there may be working. i belive it is for a wall penetration .i think it is like a hv1 .i know that i use them to shoot out a wall into open atmosphere. i wasnt aware the useage you've found was an option....it has a pre purge to insure(establish) flow .How long has it been functioning this way?
  • Dave Merklein
    Options

I have had the unit 3 days. this was set up with the blessing of an engineer at weil mclain.
  • Dave Merklein
    Options

any one have experience with the Tjernlund auto-draft power venter??
  • zeb_3
    zeb_3 Member Posts: 104
    Options
    powerventer or inducer?

Is this a power venter or an inducer? You may wanna run it by the guys at tjernlund as well.
  • Jim Davis
    Jim Davis Member Posts: 305
    Options
    Tjerlund

This is a positive pressure fan and any pipe on the discharge side must be air tight. Not acceptable in normal chimney. Must have post-purge of 3-5minutes or will have condensation problems. Could be to much exhaust for drafthood appliances. Spillage will occur at bottom of appliances not top. The inducer can pull to much room air and not let all the flue gases out. Hope you have a combustion analyzer and know how to diagnose this problem
This discussion has been closed.