Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pressfit inquiry

Options
Dave Heath_2
Dave Heath_2 Member Posts: 52
I am inquiring on the expected longevity to the Pressfit system developed by Mannesmann and then by Victolic.
We have a contractor in Calgary experiencing leaking on a heating system installed 15 years ago using the pressfit product.

This product was steel pipe with special fitting that were crimped with a special hydrolic crimping tool.

Does anyone in N.A. have same issues or experience?

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Time will tell

This pressfit system has been used in the avaition industry for years in hydraulic applications, Im told.

I feel the challanges presented by hydronic systems, considering temperature and a wide variety of fluid conditions may present a different set of circumstances.

The fluids used in hydraulics is fairly stable. I recently worked on an old solar system on 7 different apartment buildings. The pumps and Taco air scoops looked brand new inside! The paint had not even been effected.

I've yet to find a water based hydronic system is this condition after 16 years.

Water is the universal solvent, add some flux residue, weird ph, etc, and bad things can happen. I'm gonna wait and see on the pressfit system :)

hot rod

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.