Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Positioning On-Demand WH's

Options
Jack_23
Jack_23 Member Posts: 153
I am getting quite a few calls on some Rinnai (which I represent) water heater jobs and want to share an application thought. Comments, please! Modern on demands work very well but are susceptible to the "takes to long to get HW" problem if not properly located. I was in a house recently for this complaint. A very nice looking job, but undersized gas line, which has been rectified. Down at the end of the house was the chimney into which the boiler and old tank style WH were installed. I asked the contractor why he had put the Rinnai where the old unit was and got a puzzled look. The first hot water tap was at least 50 ft away and there was a better location for the unitcloser to the actual point of use. Get as close to the point of use as possible. Bid the job in the original location but closely look for better alternatives and bid it there also. explain the differences to the customer. Hot water is a comfort issue. These units will last 20-25 yrs (if they break, you can repair them). Do not repeat the mistake of locating next to the chimney. Eliminate the need for a recirc. If sales is about building a relationship with the customer, then this is an effective selling tool. I've been informed that I am re-doing the bathrooms this summer. I intend to move my Rinnai to the second floor right between the two bathrooms. I'm ging to reduce the hot water piping in my house by about 70% and most of the remaining will be 1/2".

Comments

This discussion has been closed.