Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydronic Baseboards

Options
Rick Barlow
Rick Barlow Member Posts: 1
I am adding 350 sf to my small (1000 sf) southern California home. I need (by code) to have some heating in the back bedrooms and the new bathroom. I am considering a Takagi TK-2 tankless heater for both DHW and space heating using baseboard radiators. For these, I am looking at the Runtal and the Myson units. Anyone have experince with these?

Comments

• scrook_2
    scrook_2 Member Posts: 610
    Options
    How's...

the rest of the structure heated now?
  • Dan Peel
    Dan Peel Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Careful

Both the Runtal and Myson panel rads are stamped steel - be sure you have the heating system isolated from the DHW system. An indirect will work well as a heat exchanger but soon starts to eliminate any single appliance cost or space savings you may have anticipated. Instant water heaters are a challenge when you have high temperature return water from heat emitters - they are ported for low volume and high temperature rise, not the reverse. Enjoy....Dan

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Robert O'Connor_3
    Robert O'Connor_3 Member Posts: 272
    Options
    If your HW needs are not large

Checkout the BAXI Luna combo unit. Has alot of basic features already onboard (circlulator, exp tank, etc.)
    There are other combo units out there from wall hungs to HW heaters with heat exchangers. So your heat load, cost and floor space all need to be known to find the best solution.
  • Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    i agree

tankless HW units are not a good fit for baseboard on the coldest days - the combo units are better - and many of the new ones have a water flow switch that cuts out the heating circuit when you use hot water - and you can always add a holding tank, a 30 gallon holding tank at 160 mixed down to 120 by a thermostatic mixer should give you three showers simultaneously
This discussion has been closed.