Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham minuteman II

Options
lchmb
lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
has anyone had any dealing's with this unit..specificly the stack sensing switch? This is not a normally open/closed high limit from what I am seeing and was just wondering what I should see for resistance. Also how do you get it out of the side of the box? look's like it is in with silicone but have no idea exactly and don't want to damage the box taking it out....:) thank's

Comments

• The Flue Monitor Switch

is calibrated to open at approximately 600°F. It is held into the canopy with a jamb nut on the inside of the canopy. If your hands are small enough, the nut can be seen and accessed through the flue pipe connector and the switch can be threaded out. I find it easier to access through the induced fan opening which requires removing the fan. It is best to have a new fan mounting gasket if attempting this though. Hope this helps.

Glenn Stanton

Burnham Hydronics
  • lchmb
    Options
    thank you

Excellent and thank you very much..I came across one today(first one for me) and found that it was causing the unit to short cycle. Is this a stock item or is it something I will have problem's locating? Also, I checked the venting and found no cause for it, The unit would only run for 10 second's and the vent was still cool so it is not to hot. Is there something that I should be checking for?
  • Probably

just some buildup on the probe of the switch inside the canopy. I would advise changing it though. This may not be in the distributors stock. The Minuteman II series is generally sold in larger quantities for project jobs due to its special application nature. The parts are readily available from Lancaster. It is a Burnham Part # 80160622 and the Blower Gasket is # 8206049. Here is a photo of what is inside the canopy. The silicone sealant is not holding it in the canopy, just sealing it. Hope this helps.

Glenn
  • lchmb
    Options
    help's immensly..thank you Glenn

I ran into this yesterday..like i said first time for me. The unit would fire for about 10 second's, try for high fire and the relay would start chattering. I didn't realize this sensor was based on resistance so thought it was ok..found when I jumped it out the unit had no problem. I will order one on Monday and try cleaning it in the meantime.. Thank you for all of your assistance..I have alway's enjoyed working with Burnham's and will be installing two more unit's on Monday..Keep up the good work..:)
This discussion has been closed.