Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Work van mirrors

Options
the web for a mirror that mounts up high on the back drivers side of a van to let you see the bumper when backing up , but haven't found anything .

I have one on the workvan and it's so old I don't see a name on it . I'm looking for one for my custom van - getting out to see how close I am to someones bumper is becoming a drag .

The one on the work van mounts by drilling 3 holes for the mounts - I don't want to do that . Hopefully there is a model that clamps to the rib where the roof meets the side - the rib where the roof racks grab on .

There is a system with a camera and viewscreen , but thats too high tech and way too expensive .

Thanks in advance for any help .

Comments

• John@Reliable_9
    John@Reliable_9 Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Hey , Ron check out...............

www.americanvan.com they have allot of great products. Mirrors, cabinets, storage, etc. But I don't think you will find the type you want, needs that third leg to be stable maybe? How you been, hope all is well. John@Reliable
  • Nick W
    Nick W Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Good advice, Ron

I've bought lots of stuff from American Van. All good quality.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Me_8
    Me_8 Member Posts: 21
    Options

Rain rail on the van probably cant take the stress of a mirror hanging off it like that. american van does have 2 different kinds of rear mounts pod mount may not look too too bad http://www.americanvan.com/catalog/standard_large.cfm?FamilyID=267
  • Thank you guys

for the American Van website . I checked and they have the exact mirror that's on my workvan . It's a little too utilitarian looking for a custom van , so I'm going to call the custom van makers and see what they got .

Marty , the rain rail supports my roof racks and all the weight on it . I would guess that a 1/2 pound or so mirror wouldn't put too much stress on the custom van rail , hopefully . I'm leery to drill 3 holes into the van .

John , I've been pretty good , how are you doing ? Glad the cold weather is almost finished ?
  • Dave Palmer_3
    Dave Palmer_3 Member Posts: 388
    Options
    Ron

someone makes a reverse sensor system,no camera but when rear bumper is close to another object it sounds,I'll try to find the maker.Dave
  • TGO_54
    TGO_54 Member Posts: 327
    Options
    Ron try

DeJana truck bodies - parts branch is in Huntington at the corner of Park and Broadway near the Blackman branch. If they don't have it they can probably get it.
  • Wayne_8
    Wayne_8 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Rear View

Try something like JC Whitney, they have those new sensors that warn you of the distance to anything behind you __even people etc.__
    Have a factory installed one and think its great
This discussion has been closed.