Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CALLING TIM DORAN !!!

Options
check the thread RE: PEX and fire caulking.

Wirsbo use to make firestop caulking. Medicaulk makes the good stuff but,,, will Wirsbo PEX sign off? it's ok to use this product on their PEX?

Just trying to help a brother who's job was shut down till this is resolved.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=296&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Tim Doran_2
    Tim Doran_2 Member Posts: 131
    Options
    Medicaulk

Is good to go!

Tim D.
  • rod robbins
    rod robbins Member Posts: 50
    Options

Hi tim. Thanks for the reply.I did a serch for medicaulk and did not find anything.Is this a manufacture or can you give me a little more info to find a manufacture.Is any intumescent caulk compatible with pex?Thanks.
    Rod
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
  • rod robbins
    Options

Thanks Mark.
    I found the web site.I did see they list caulk for pex i just need to read a little to find out wich type.I am a little disapointed with wirsbo.This fire caulk issue should not be a mystery to to the folks at wirsbo.
    Rod
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Ya ain't seen nothing yet...

wait until the inspector tells you that you can't penetrate the fire assembly with plastic pipe, and that you must convert to a metal pipe on either side of the fire wall...

THAT will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

As for Wirsbo dropping the ball, sometimes you can't keep all the people happy all the time. Your question just didn't fall on the right ears. I guarantee you that someone somewhere in the organization has been asked and has answered that question before, and if it comes up in the future, now EVERYONE knows the answer.

They're still the best in my mind and humble opinion.

ME

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Tim Doran_2
    Tim Doran_2 Member Posts: 131
    Options
    Yup

I spelled it wrong. I am at somewhat of a disadvantage after hours because I do not have a full resource library in my home office.This is not a frequently asked question because most of our trained plumbing installers have been given this information as well as all of the appropriate listings for fire resistive construction so the answer is not fresh in my mind. Any pure silicon caulk that is fire stop rated will not harm the pex tubing. If you need more call me on Monday. 800-321-4739

Tim D.
  • rod robbins
    Options

I have to agree with mark that i think wirsbo is a good organisation or i would not be using there products.The support i see from this company is admirable.Just a comment for Tim.I have completed the factory training program and cant recall any mention of fire caulk.
    Rod
This discussion has been closed.