Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

B-vent

Options
Ameri-vent double wall B-vent.

I have a customer that has this brand double wall vent pipe and the piece going through the roof is badly rusted and letting rain into the attic and the house. We need to find a replacement section four feet long so we can prevent the roof leaks.

Any Clues?

Thanks.

Comments

• rod robbins
    rod robbins Member Posts: 50
    Options

grainger sells ameri-flow.Mabee the same thing?Just a thought
    Rod
  • Jack_23
    Jack_23 Member Posts: 153
    Options
    assorted manuf

If you are unable to find the am vent there are other options. I know that Selkirk makes male and female adapters which would allow you attach onto the top or bottom of a system and go up/down with their pipe. While I am no longer in that market segment I have represented a couple vent manuf over the yrs. I think the AMerivent is the most likely to have rust problems due to the way they cut the metal on the male end of the pipe for the lock. Cleaner designs are Selkirk, HC, Air Jet, DV. Look for systemic deterioration. If the vent connector is single wall a B-vent connector may reduce or eliminate condensation problems although at the terminus you are always going to get some.
  • Heatermon
    Heatermon Member Posts: 119
    Options
    Amerivent

Is very common here (S. Cal) and I would recommend you try a Ferguson supply house in your area.

Good luck,

Heatermon

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jeff Lawrence_12
    Jeff Lawrence_12 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I need

the 7 inch. Grainger sells up to 6 inch and I got a "huh?" look when I asked at my local branch.

I have found someone that sells the adapters.

Thanks to all.

Jeff
  • Al Letellier
    Al Letellier Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Ameri-vent

Manufactured by American Metal Products...check their website for dealers in your area.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.