Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

re: European rads in Dan's post....JohnNY

Options
Nick W
Nick W Member Posts: 200
This company, owned by a good friend of mine, has been importing beautiful European radiators to the USA for several years. He operates one of the only heating showrooms I know of and supplies countless designers, architects, and contractors around the country.

I would have posted this sooner but there was a problem with his website.
He's back online at:

www.heatdepotengineers.com

I should mention the owner will be monitoring this post if anyone would like to comment. Thanks.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=290&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    WOW!

Thanks for posting that! They've got some really nice stuff, especially for the pro whose client is looking for equipment for their contemporary home rather than restoring a stately old Victorian.
  • ross
    ross Member Posts: 37
    Options

COOL!

LINK

• ross
    Options

COOL!

LINK

• ross
    Options

COOL!

LINK

• ross
    Options
    Way-Cool rads!

COOL!

Just to make sure no one misses out because they don't want to cut and paste, here's a clickable link:

www.heatdepotengineers.com

• Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options

Even though my home is traditional in style, that "Twister" would be absolutely incredible in the sleeping porch! Trim is originally and purposefully simple in there.

Would request literature, but am pretty certain that the price is in the "if you have to ask" category.
  • Tito DeMarinis
    Tito DeMarinis Member Posts: 2
    Options
    European Style with American Ingenuity

Thanks for the compliments. We brought these products in to revitalize the hydronics field, radiant has done so much for our industry. That was generation number one. The second generation is here, decorative heating panels and towel warmers. All styles, shapes, sizes, colors, finishes and prices. I feel we have the largest selection of specialty decorative radiation in the US. E-mail us as much information as possible regarding your radiation needs. We also have many complimenting decorative valves, fittings and thermostatic accessories.
    We appreciate your needs as an industry ally (as John from Gateway Plumbing and Heating can attest) and look forward to serving you. Please feel free to contact me as you wish.

Contact us at:

tito@heatingdepot.com (CEO)

serge@heatingdepot.com ( Director of Technical Sales)
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Thanks John!

That's my dream, to have a hydronics show room with all kinds of really cool and sexy radiators, radaint floors, walls and ceilings.

Is the show room available to walk in or is it by appointment only?

ME

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Nick W
    Options
    As far as I know....

it's open during typical business hours. Just walk in.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • jim sokolovic
    jim sokolovic Member Posts: 439
    Options
    Different opinion...

Modern = Yuck!

Do they sell this stuff at IKEA?
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,539
    Options
    Different spokes

for different folks. ;-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • jim sokolovic
    Options
    Oh, that's right Dan...

It was you who was talking about these after returning from Italy. Perhaps I might see something different in them if I was wined, dined, and gotten a tour from someone who looked like Gina Lollabrigida!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,539
    Options
    You must be talking about

The Lovely Marianne!
    Retired and loving it.
  • jim sokolovic
    Options
    Your wife, I assume?

So that's how you boost attendance at your functions!
  • Modern = Yuck ?

That Twister rad looks absolutely awesome . Going by style alone , give me that rad over Series 30 anytime .
  • Tito

Would you have a catalog of the various styles you carry ? It looks like you have some beautiful products .
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Options
    Info

Did request some literature on two of the rads--"Twister" and "VZ-0".

Was a bit shocked when I received a reply from Serge asking "who made it". Looked at website and found only those names listed.

Anyway, something tells me that "VZ-0" has some awesome radiation characteristics...
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Options

Will be interesting to see if ratings are such that I could replace my 108 sq.ft EDR US Capitol rad with a "Twister" in the available space--around 4' in length. Have about 15° of supply temp "headroom" in the reset curve (as required by least "over-radiated" space) so ratings could be somewhat less...

For the life of me though I don't see where to attach the TRV.
  • Tito DeMarinis
    Tito DeMarinis Member Posts: 2
    Options
    literature on Twister

> Did request some literature on two of the

> rads--"Twister" and "VZ-0".

>

> Was a bit shocked

> when I received a reply from Serge asking "who

> made it". Looked at website and found only those

> names listed.

>

> Anyway, something tells me that

> "VZ-0" has some awesome radiation

> characteristics...

Mike we will be sending out that info request right away. When you sent the request in you didnt refer to the brand Thermic. And by the way you have a great eye for beauty!! This is the latest styles and finishes just released 3 weeks ago.

• Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Options
    Thanks Tito! (nm)

• jim sokolovic
    Options
    Don't mind me...

I'm stuck in the past, but that's where I'm comfortable. I don't understand putting any form of radiation on display, except for the ornate standing radiators that are proudly pictured here now and then. Is the "Twister" safe for kids? It looks like it would attract them to play on it, honestly.
  • Nick W
    Options
    I respectfully disagree.

What's wrong with mixing a little form with function? We need not be so conditioned to live with huge chunks of cast iron in our homes.
    In my opinion, if I have to look at it every day, it might as well be pretty.

(I used the same logic when choosing a wife, by the way)

• Serge Lemite
    Serge Lemite Member Posts: 2
    Options
    design radiators

When Slant-Fin comes out decorative radiators, then Jim will love them.....

Hello John
This discussion has been closed.