Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pex tubbing uncoiler

I am instrested in buying a pex tubbing uncoiler for radiant heating. I am installing Embassy Industrys 1/2 pex and they offer their model. Are all the models the same or do some have better features?

Thanks Don Meier

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    H.R.M.N.

i call my uncoiler hrmn....he acts like your typical union hand dont say much spins around to the right,and gets a little cranky from time to time. hes a good man basically as he definitely "Holds Down His corner" i have had the wirsbo uncoiler for years:) on some gert 20000 foot job i might go borrow his red buddy from a friend.it has wheels.thing is this. uncoilers are "Designed "to uncoil certain manufacturers coils. ah! viva la difference! as they say:) herman Deals With it....he dont like it much if its a thousand foot coil of the red stuff...hes sorta hot a Loyalty thing going on:)) however like i said he Deals with it:)
  • mph
    mph Member Posts: 77
    Uncoiler

I've tried two different Wirsbo models but am now using Rehau's. The thing has soft, rubber tires so it will get around on rough terrain easily and the spool will rotate 90 degrees so you can roll it through a narrow doorway. A little spendy, but nice enough that I bought three of them.

Jeff
  • Don Walsh
    Don Walsh Member Posts: 131
    Rehau uncoiler

I have been using the Rehau uncoiler for a few years now. I tried several others, but this one seemed to be a bit more useful with the large coils. Since I only use 1000 footers, this was my choice. I did add two additional spacers to the setup to keep the coil snug on the reel. I also modified the swivel lock so that I could at times feed the tubing off 180° from the normal direction.
    To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    Uncoiler

Wirsbo's latest uncoiler works great.I think it's much the same as Rehau's.It has soft tires and swivels as well as adjustable for different tube coil diameters
  • Ted_5
    Ted_5 Member Posts: 272
    How much do you want to spend?

Look at this one, only $350.00 and that includes shipping.
    Maybe not as nice as the others, but is over half the cost and works great! I have 2 of them. Made out of steel. Holds 1,000' of 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", and 1". The center pins are ajustable to fit any ID of a coil. You can remove the outer smaller pins and use the big center pin for a big spool of FLEX gas pipe, or if you do Electric work a big roll of wire or a bunch of small rolls on the small pins. Options you can buy with or later, truck receiver adapter[put it on your truck for big slab jobs] wheel and handles to move around on hard sufaces. You can order on-line at
    www.alliedradiant.com and look under PEX- Unreeler.
    Check it out!

Ted
  • rglennpexman
    rglennpexman Member Posts: 2
    Look at the Fireman Uncoiler, best of the bunch

This is a great uncoiler design solution - collapsible, very well built with light weight Aluminum channel, less than 20 pounds yet can handle 1000'+ 1/2" pex rolls. It has a very stable base with wide leg diameter / footprint and sits low to the ground giving a low center of gravity. It sets up and demounts in less than one minute, and is very compact for storage and transporting. And best of all, it is less expensive than most uncoilers out their, sometimes less than half as much! Check their website [firemanuncoilers.com] It's definitely worth a look.
This discussion has been closed.