Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

crack in pipe..please help!

Options

Comments

• Alex Malino
    Alex Malino Member Posts: 6
    Options
    crack in pipe, need help!

Hi everyone...quick question for you. I have a Burnham America 5000 btu boiler at my new home. My inspector did a poor job and failed to find a crack in a pipe on the left side of the boiler above the water line. PSE&G says I need a whole new boiler. Does anyone know if I would just be able to replace and or fix the pipe? She's putting out too heat, but I have to add water every day and half.
    If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!
    thanks and happy holidays!
  • Alex Malino
    Alex Malino Member Posts: 6
    Options
    crack in pipe, need help!

Hi everyone...quick question for you. I have a Burnham America 5000 btu boiler at my new home. My inspector did a poor job and failed to find a crack in a pipe on the left side of the boiler above the water line. PSE&G says I need a whole new boiler. Does anyone know if I would just be able to replace and or fix the pipe? She's putting out too heat, but I have to add water every day and half.
    If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!
    thanks and happy holidays!
  • keith
    keith Member Posts: 224
    Options
    crack

I am not familiar with that Burnham model. Do you mean that you have a boiler section with a crack in it or is it apipe? If it's a section leaking depending on the age and availability of a replacement section it may be worth swapping out the section. If it's more than 10 years old and a residential series of boiler its not worth repairing in my opinion. Good Luck
  • teds in hot water
    Options
    cracked pipe

Determine if leak is piping or boiler section, if piping it is probably easily repaired. If boiler section depending on age, most manufacturers have cast iron warranties of 20+ years on their boilers. Need to know location of leak 1st.
This discussion has been closed.