Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin wall bracket & primary loop (hr)

Options
hr
hr Member Posts: 6,106
loop with my Rems Curvo, using 1-1/4" type L. It seemed plenty stout, but I did add an all thread support at the front end, to assure the piping wasnh't supporting the boiler, and vice versa.

I built a blockade, with a copper disc, at the one tee to force the flow through the boiler, loop bracket, and the buffer tank.

Wiring, insulating, and clean up is needed yet, but she has been up and running for a few days now.

hot rod

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=144&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    your like an artist...

some day- hopefully not soon- someones gonna stare at your work and say, wow, those dead men really knew their stuff!
  • hr
    Options
    Or

someday someone will work on this loop and scratch their head figuring the flow direction.

I do leave an operation manual showing wiring logic, and in this case hydraulic logic should be included, I suppose. Not knowing that plug is in their could drive a troubleshooter crazy.

They may trash talk me as I lie in my grave. Can't have that! They would be unable to hear my laughing!

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Tom Simensen
    Tom Simensen Member Posts: 74
    Options
    1 1/4\" bends

Very unique project Hot Rod! There you go thinking outside the box again. I am curious as to where you got formers for 1 1/4" pipe.

Did you make them yourself or are they made by REMS. I was lead to believe that the capacity of the Curvo was only 1 1/8"

Nice Job!

Tom
  • hr
    Options
    Tom,

I asked REMS to build me some 1-1/4" copper tube size formers. And they did!

I explained, here in the "land of 20 degree delta tee's" 1-1/4' is a very common boiler piping size!

They were concerned if the motor could handle this size. I had to promise not to try bending 1" steel pipe with the large formers :)

Works fine, the bend radius is a bit larger than the 1-1/8" however.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.