Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil-McLain WGO/WTGO Beckett nozzle rates

Options
Mark Wolff
Mark Wolff Member Posts: 256
I have seen the listings on nozzle sizes for Weil-McLain's but want to verify with a WM rep. On a WGO-3 do you really recommend a .85x45* B nozzle? There was a posting a week ago with all your models and recommended nozzles. I tried the WM website (what a joke!) with no luck. I'm looking for stats on WGO and WTGO 3-6. Please assist.

Comments

• Randy Berg_2
    Randy Berg_2 Member Posts: 44
    Options

Mark, I don't know which revision burner you have. I have a revision 1 which uses a .85 70 degree B set at 140 psig. What you can do is get the information off the burner which would be a ATC code then either contact W/M or Beckett. AS I stated before the have had several revision and the nozzle above is for the ATC AF44YHPW. Hope this helps. Also this was for the SGO 3 made around 1996 or 97.
  • Paul Mitchell
    Paul Mitchell Member Posts: 266
    Options
    Good luck

I bet thereisnt a WM rep that ever checks out this site...or any site for that matter. Try Oil tech talk.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Beckett does have someone that checks in.....

Charlie Masone is at Oil Tech Talk quite frequently. You can also try to contact Beckett directly during the week . Their tech. help line is manned during business hours. Sometimes it takes a while to get a tech., but it would be worth the wait. They will have any and all updates to your burner that have happened since it was purchased.

Their # is 800-645-2876. Chris
  • David Sutton_3
    David Sutton_3 Member Posts: 160
    Options
    all the ones i have run into

for the wgo-3 have been the 85x45 b nozzles in the becketts
  • John Abbott
    John Abbott Member Posts: 356
    Options
    If ..........

> I have seen the listings on nozzle sizes for

> Weil-McLain's but want to verify with a WM rep.

> On a WGO-3 do you really recommend a .85x45* B

> nozzle? There was a posting a week ago with all

> your models and recommended nozzles. I tried the

> WM website (what a joke!) with no luck. I'm

> looking for stats on WGO and WTGO 3-6. Please

> assist.

• John Abbott
    John Abbott Member Posts: 356
    Options
    If ..........

you have the Beckett burner in a box with the L head for the GO 3 boiler it is indeed a .85 45 B delevan nozzle.I fired two last week and set both up with a electronic combustion analizer they run quite well.Usualy ther is a sticker on the burner housing giving all OEM info on the Becketts.

John
  • Mark Wolff
    Mark Wolff Member Posts: 256
    Options
    Nozzle sizes

John@Reliable-

Thanks for that list again. All the WGO-3's and WTGO-3's we get have the .85x80* B Delevan nozzles in the Beckett AFG gun. Does the 45* pattern really work for such a short box? I'm willing to try it, I just wasn't sure.
  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 237
    Options
    Mark,

I don't think you can use the 45 degree nozzle unless the burner came with the L1 head as opposed to the F3. There is, however, an alternate setup that uses the F3 head, the same static disk and a Hago .85 X 70B @ 140PSI. I think they are a new nozzle and may still be hard to find. If you go to the Beckett website, enter just "GO" in the search box and you will get a complete chart of all the setups. I have it saved as a word document.

Tom M.
  • John@Reliable_5
    John@Reliable_5 Member Posts: 76
    Options
    It works if you have a L1 head set-up. John@Reliable

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    3 section mclean

i 've fuond out that you get a rel array of noz sizes and degrees with ther boiler but on the 3 section the burner does not have a beckett f head it comes with a turbolator ring on the nozzle assemble and i've found that that 45 noz runs great it like a old mclean gb burner had a couple of bad beckett /honeywell pre post relays that would not stop running on the post cycle just switched them out i can't for the life of me figure the 45 noz on a small chamber 3 section but it's quite clear of the target wall and run great i know with the air rings on the nozzle rings it's at least a 60 or you will have carbon build up and i was always told 45 where for a long thinnen flame say for a crown freeport or likes of but non the less it runs great and please always down size your nozzle i feel that mclean really don,t use a pressure noz chart did a 4 section yeaterday max fier4 1.20 the nozzle that was with the unit 1.20 but at 140 psi you do the math it don't compute to me nothing like cleaning a over fird boiler at 12:30 at nite just my opion ps i've seen 45 on dunkrik boiler with becketts also but larger than a 3 section
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
This discussion has been closed.