Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Boiler Needed

Options
JimM
JimM Member Posts: 6
Hello. I'm sure this question has been asked before.....Can anybody tell me what a new oil boiler would cost (installed) for a five zone unit that'll heat about 3200 sqf? All the plumbing is in place. I'm buying a house and the existing boiler is "not long for this world" according to the house inspector. It was blowing exhaust gas back into the basement. It's a big ol' rusty piece of junk from the 70s. It has got to go and I want to know what it's going to cost.

I'm in Vermont and a lot of people use Boulderbus or something like that.....Any ideas on levels of quality vs. price.

Thanks for your help,

Jim

Comments

• Earthfire
    Earthfire Member Posts: 543
    Options
    replacement

look in the find a professional link and have the replacement service done by a knowledgable proffessional. A system with some of the problems that you describe can be a can of worms for you and the service company. This job is not a simple cut a couple of pipes and slide in a new boiler and fire it up.
  • JimM
    Options

I'm getting a blank stare here....Can anybody answer the rough cost question to have a new Buderus bouler installed?
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    Whererin the Green Mountain state.....

are you? I grew up in Rutland...er Rut-vegas that is...It would be a diservice to you to just throw out a price without seeing the job there could be a number of things to fix or take into account. It is important to get someone to really see the big picture...generally speaking we don't talk prices here...kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • JimM
    Options

kpc,

That would be in Rut-Vegas...LOL. Yeah, we're moving to Rutland. Do you know any good plumbers in the area?

Sorry, I didn't know prices weren't a topic of discussion. No worries.

Thanks,

Jim
  • kevin coppinger_4
    Options
    e-mail me....

I still have family there AND I go up there enough....we could work out something maybe...kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Bill Nye
    Bill Nye Member Posts: 221
    Options
    JimM

Religion and politics, and prices...... Nobody can really give a price w/o looking and I don't know what a contractor in your area has to make to stay in business.

The next thing you know , lawyers will be watching this site accusing us of price fixing and collusion and violating the sherman anti-trust act or something.

Get a couple of prices and try to avoid the low bidder. The bitter disapointment of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of a low price, or something to that effect
  • chuck_9
    chuck_9 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    new boiler

> Hello. I'm sure this question has been asked

> before.....Can anybody tell me what a new oil

> boiler would cost (installed) for a five zone

> unit that'll heat about 3200 sqf? All the

> plumbing is in place. I'm buying a house and the

> existing boiler is "not long for this world"

> according to the house inspector. It was blowing

> exhaust gas back into the basement. It's a big

> ol' rusty piece of junk from the 70s. It has got

> to go and I want to know what it's going to

> cost.

>

> I'm in Vermont and a lot of people use

> Boulderbus or something like that.....Any ideas

> on levels of quality vs. price.

>

> Thanks for

> your help,

>

> Jim

9'500 and I see you as soon as your check clears the bank.
  • jim f
    jim f Member Posts: 182
    Options

hey jim, last year we did a travel job from ct to randolph vt for a custom install. i have a place in stockbridge, vt. and will be going up in june. drop me an e-mail
    jim f
    www.tri-city heating and cooling.com
  • JimM
    Options

Chuck,

I didn't quite get that one there....You humor evades me. Maybe you weren't trying to be funny. Maybe you deal with a lot of people that write bad checks. -No need to continue.

Jim
  • JimM
    Options

Kevin,

Thanks, I'm wondering what I'll do if something goes wrong with the boiler at 3:00 am when it 15 below zero....LOL. Maybe I should find a local guy. What do you think?

Jim
  • JimM
    Options

OK...Thanks Jim
  • tate
    tate Member Posts: 21
    Options
    boiler replacement

the only way to accurately answer your question is for an on site visit. I work for contracting company that covers the Rutland area. If you get far enough along in your negotiations, I could arrange a visit, and provide you with a thorough evaluation and recommendations. As has been stated, it is not as simple as picking a can of soup off the shelf.
  • kevin coppinger_4
    Options
    Excellent point.....

Call Hugh Duffy coal & oil...I know the owners son very well...They service my parents boiler. kpc

This discussion has been closed.