Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

plate heat exchanger

Options
I,m looking to use a plate heat exchanger off of a gas water heater for a small room above a garage. (my open loop days are behind me) I would like to put a 3 way mixing valve in the closed loop side. I was wondering if anyone had a drawing of this set up, I know I have seen this before but I can't seem to find it. Also what size plate would I need? It will be a 45,000 btu WH with a 7,000 btu load with 120 deg water at design temp.

Thanks
Terry Larsell

Comments

• Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    Contact

Swep at (877)602-2989 toll free

Marcel Broch (x302) or Rusty Smith (x311) can help you out selecting a size and they might even have a diagram for you to follow.

You can also speak with Sumer Fields at x306 (what a name); she won't be able to help with design, but she'll take your mind off the cold weather.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Brian
    Brian Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Plate X

This is the set-up that I use.

Good Luck
    Brian
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    pretty funky boiler drain....

who does those? Are those both SS circulators?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Brian
    Brian Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Pumps

Yes they are stainless.I do the radiant for a local sunroom contractor.All the jobs have been run by an existing water heater so this is the set-up I came up with.The manifold is in a different location and I can make up the board at the shop and then plug it in.I use a Wirsbo 511 stat to run the system so they have a slab sensor as well as programable capabilities so they can shut the system down during shower times so the water heater can keep up.
    Brian
  • Terry Larsell
    Terry Larsell Member Posts: 54
    Options

Thanks, just what I was looking for. Post it in the morning and have the answer when I get home at night. How did we all get by before cell phones and the web.
    One other ??, is a pressure relief necessary on the closed side?
    Thanks again
    Terry Larsell
This discussion has been closed.