Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

help finding radiator

Options
joe_14
joe_14 Member Posts: 138
i am trying to locate a radiator. the one i need to replace looks like the on in dans book EVERY DARN RADIATOR. i couldnt find any model on old broken radiator. i think the one in dans book will work fine.does anyone know if weil-mclain still makes these. or does any one know a manufacture that still makes these.

thanks much
joeg.

Comments

• tombig
    tombig Member Posts: 291
    Options
    W-M radiator

Joe, If it's the concealed radiant type like this one I actually have a couple. You'll probably have to break it down and reassemble for width of opening... AND come to Chicago to get it. I don't think they still make them but I found them at a used rad supplier.

Dan, I just got your book and was pleasantly surprised to see these guys in it. I was luck enough to find eight to install in a large two story addition, matching the existing. What a happy HO!

Joe,Contact me by e-mail if interested,

Tom Goebig
  • joe_14
    joe_14 Member Posts: 138
    Options
    sorry

the raditor i need is on page 176 of dans book. its the weil-mclain cabinet raydiant 5 inch deep.i forget to mention this in my earlier post.
    thanks tom but the concealed ones wont work. i live in new hampshire but if i ever get to the windy city ill look you up would like to see those radiators.

thanks again joeg.
  • tombig
    tombig Member Posts: 291
    Options
    Joe,

The Burnham radiant style looks a bit different but at least it pipes from the inside. It's designed for recessed or semi-recessed. I know they're still making them.

http://www.burnham.com/radiator/58300.cfm

Good luck. Try the scavengers, it worked for me.

Tom
  • Hvacman
    Hvacman Member Posts: 159
    Options
    Come get it.

Hey,

I'm south of Boston and have one Raydiant that I will demo soon and not reuse. You are welcome to it if you want to make the trip... If the OP doesn't want it any other wallie can have it as long as it gets reinstalled and not stockpiled for spec. It is in my half bath so it is smallish, 20"x 20"... 2 of the "vectants" in back. The rest of my house is Sunrads except for the MBR, quite a large Raydiant in there which I would trade for a similarly sized Sunrad... approx. 23x 51. A side question: I'm converting from Oil fired Steam to a NG fired mod con... I know there is potential for leaks when radiators are subject to the higher pressures of hydronics after having been used for steam... Sunrads prone to leak? And, yes I've done my calcs, I'll have plenty of capacity on water vs. steam. :-)
  • Hvacman
    Hvacman Member Posts: 159
    Options
    Sorry

For digging through the trash and posting to such an old thread!
This discussion has been closed.