Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler water flow problems

Options
water temperature? If it is say above 180 degrees and you are getting no heat it could be the circulator, or it may be air bound.

You did not say so I must ask, is the pilot lit and does the burner come on? I assume it does as you said supply pipes are hot.

Listen to the circulator when you flip the manual switch on and off and see if you can hear it kicking in. When was the last time circ motor and circ had some oil?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    bOILER WATER FLOW?

I have hot water base board heating fed from a gas boiler. The thermostat is set for 70 degrees but the heat is not reaching that temperature. I checked the baseboards, and they are ice cold. I cehcekd the Boiler, the supply lines are hot but the return lines are ice cold. The valves are working properly because they open & close when I play with the T-stat. Could the circulating pump be the cause of the problem?
    Could this be causing the heat not to feed thru the system and thus not satisfyng the t-stat. Wouldn't the boiler keep running?
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    Also, what is the pressure in the boiler?

Standard operating pressure for a boiler in a one or 2 story house is 12 psi. If you don't have any pressure, you can't get the water to the highest point in the system, which will also could cause the problem you are having. Otherwise, it is most likely the pump not running anymore.

Glenn Harrison, Residential Service Technician

Althoff Industries Inc.

8001 South Route 31, Crystal Lake, Illinois 60014

815-455-7000 or 800-225-2443

www.althoffind.com
This discussion has been closed.