Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Amityville

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
was a hoax, John. Next time you're in town I'll take you to see the place.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    \"Where's the heat?\"

I just watched the story of the Amityville home and the interview with George Lutz. He was obsessed with staying warm during the 28-day occupancy from mid December to mid January. He kept building a fire in the fireplace but could never get warm.

I'm wondering, since so many of you (including Dan) live or work in the NY area, you might know the answer to these questions. Lutz mentioned the radiators and sounds coming from the pipes but he never said if the house heated up sufficiently. Did he ever have the heating system checked? Was any heating contractor called to the home to inspect or service the system? Did any service tech have the cajones to enter the house or did it take a few calls to find someone with the nerve? Just curious about one of the "other sides to this story."

Happy haunting.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Ya

It was a botched Steam Install. All that noise and pounding was from a poorly installed header. All the returns had been sagged by lack of support. The moaning was the feeder valve. Or it could have been the heating guy moaning about trying to fix the thing. Maybe he hit his head and was just trying to get out of the basement. I mean did anybody even look. The poor guy, we get no respect.

Or was it ..........

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.