Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

FORCED AIR CONVERSION

Options
MikeB34
MikeB34 Member Posts: 155
I am purchasing a new (to me) home that has an OLD forced air system n it. I do Forced air, but I really like radiant. I want to install a high efficiency boiler (I will be using the Dunkirk Q90) and want to put each level (4 level side split) as its own zone. This would be staple up to 3/4"plywood subfloor with laminate top, or berber carpetting. I will also use it for indirect domestic hot water. How would you pipe this? P/S with circulators? zone control valves? what tubing size and spacing between the joists? Want the best as it is for me and my family.(load to e calculated..looking for general info)
Looking for input. I know enough to know I want expert assistance in this. Looking forward to my first wethead instalation. Thank you in advance for any input.
Mike

Comments

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    WHEW!!!!!!!!!

Best bet would be to see if you can find a contractor that is willing to work on this with you.

I've done a few jobs where that homeowner wanted to be involved in the system. They paid me to do a heat loss and design. They installed the tubing and paid me to inspect it.

We did the boilers though.

Try the "find a contractor" here and make some calls.

Good luck and welcome to the RADIANT WORLD!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.