Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ignition Modules

Options
My personal opinion is that the Honeywell S8610U is the best Spark ign. module(although I would like to see two more improvments to make it perfect), and S8910U for hot surface ign. mainly for it's universal abilities, and it's more complex diagnostics. Now if your looking at integrated control boards, I would have to say White Rodgers Hot Surface Integrated Control Boards are the best.

Also, you asked G779, Everything Johnson controls Igniton is extremly problamatic (junk). I have replaced so many Johnson controls spark modules on Lennox Furnaces that I can do them with my eyes closed . Five different Johnson modules before Lennox finally switched to Honeywell S8660 modules that are working great. I personally cringe when I see a Johnson igniton control and smile from ear to ear when I rip them out.

Comments

• HP80
    HP80 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Ignition Modules

What are the most reliable that you have found?
    Which type of ignition proving do you trust?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    i like

honeywell, intermittant ignition, s-8610u single rod systems..takes a licking and keeps on ticking. ;)
  • HP80
    Options

Yes but only if properly earth grounded?
  • tim smith_2
    tim smith_2 Member Posts: 184
    Options
    ignition modules

Honeywell S8610u, no doubt. installed 100s of them
  • HP80
    Options

what about S8910U or G779?
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    S8910U

The S8910U is a hot surface ignition module. The S8610U is an Intermittent Pilot module. Thanks for using our products!
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    Honeywell

Without a doubt. 86 series for spark and 89 series for hot surface. Replace hoards of Johnson Controls and White Rogers. Literally hoards.
This discussion has been closed.