Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

burnham boiler and field controls

Options
bob young
bob young Member Posts: 2,177
is this your own personal residence??? you sound like a man with some extra large balls who loves danger. is it a farm??

Comments

• ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Burnham boilers and Field Controls

I just converted a Burnham standing pilot gas boiler to electronic ignition. Iam trying to wire in a Field Controls CAS4 and PV300 power venter i cannot figure out the low voltage wiring the latest Field Controls wiring book does not show the Honeywell smart valve i have called tech support and local reps to no avail has anyone done a converstion like this the boiler was a model 206ncl-tei2 its now a model 206ni has a Honeywell smart valve and a Honeywell s8610m ignition module also can i replace the smokepipe from 7inch to 4 in do i need the draft regulater or just the motorized draft damper

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options
    rural installation

is this your own personal residence??? you sound like a man with some extra large balls who loves danger. is it a farm??
  • ed wallace
    Options
    burnham boilers and power venters

no its not my own house im a heating contracter this is a customers house hes renovating the house and the chimney is going to be removed in the near future by the way its not in a rural area its in winchester ma. near boston

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Ed

Why do you have both a Honeywell Smart Valve and an S8610 Ignition Module? If you have a hot surface ignition pilot assembly, then use the Smart Valve. If you have a Spark Ignition pilot assembly, then you will use the S8610M, but you will also need a redundant gas valve, not a Smart Valve. Did you obtain this conversion kit through a Burnham distributor? Let me know exactly what you have and I will be glad to help.

Glenn Stanton
    Burnham Hydronics
  • ed wallace
    Options
    burnham boiler and power vents

i purchased the conversion kit thru a local supply house it was shipped directly from the factory has a honeywell s8610 ignition module and a honeywell vr8204c gas valve with 3 plugs marked pv ,pv/mv, mv

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    That kinda talk

won't last around here long Bobby.

Clean it up or take it someplace else.

Mark H

• Conversion Kit

OK....now that I know you do indeed have the correct gas valve, I can proceed. I will have to look up the power venter and control kit and will send you an e-mail with the directions. The gas valve you have is not a Smart Valve.

Glenn
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Thanks for handling this one, Glenn. nm

• Missing Link
    Missing Link Member Posts: 7
    Options

Glenn.....You be sure to e-mail me a copy of that wiring diagram,ya hear. There is something I use only about three times a year but would be nice to have in the archives.
  • LGibson
    LGibson Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a Burham model 206NCL-TEi2 boiler and would like to add boiler reset control. Is this possible with this model?
  • captainco
    captainco Member Posts: 793
    Options
    The unanswered question is do you need a Field barometric and the answer is YES! The venter will pull too much air through the boiler and drafthood and could create a dangerous condition. The motorized damper is no longer needed.
    This installation must be tested with a combustion analyzer to confirm all the gases are being pulled out of the boiler, not just the room.