Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

sizing rads & rooms

Shawn_2
Shawn_2 Member Posts: 2
I have a small cafe with a large picture window that needs heat. The room size is 15 ft. wide by 32 ft. long. The ceiling height is about 10 ft. 6in. high. A contractor has a used hot water radiator which came out of a storefront. It's size is 12in deep by 54in long by 20 in high. It will fit nicely under my picture window. This will be my only radiator in the room (cafe). Is this enough to heat the room sufficiently? Please give me an opinion. Thanks

Comments

• Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928

WAY too many variables there, but such a radiator at 180° average temperature should be able to deliver about 14,000 btu/hr.

• Shawn_2
    Shawn_2 Member Posts: 2
    sizing radiators and rooms

Even with many variables...if the one radiator in a room is producing 14,000 btu/hour; and the room size is about 32 ft long and 15 ft wide and 10 ft height...will this heat the room close to being normal?? Please advise
  • Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710

Shawn, you are still missing toooo many variables.

How many windows are in the room, what type of windows are they, is there a heated space below the room (if not is there a crawl space, is it insulated), is there a heated space above the room (if not is it insulated), how many exposed walls does the room have, is there insulation in the walls, ect. ect.

Don't you think this would have been a question to ask your contractor?

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.