Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.


I have a hydronic heating system in my house. I purchashed a (hydroplace) which is a fireplace that has 3 hollow steel walls and a (tube grate area) which is welded into the side walls. This unit has a 1 1/4 water (inlet pipe)on the lower right steel wall and a 1 1/4 outlet pipe at the upper left steel wall (for discharge water) so that the water from my hydronic heating system can be circulated through this unit to heat the water while viewing the fire. When I received this unit the only information supplied was a warning tag that said " Make sure a safety valve is connected to the water outlet pipe with no valves in between." MY question is.......I have firgured the total heating sureface to be about 25 SQ.FT.( this is a little over size -SQ.FT.- for safety purposes). This fireplace is being fired with wood and I need to know what size safety valve would be required in the event my zone valves or circulating pump were to fail to safetly discharge pressure from this unit. Thanks so much for any information you might supply Rick Zimmerman @[email protected]
This discussion has been closed.