Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anyone building manifolds with a jig?

Options
Steve_35
Steve_35 Member Posts: 546
Is anyone shop fabricating manifolds with a jig? We're doing mostly baseboard or radiant panels and build our manifolds on site from sweat copper. They look darned nice but I'd like to find a way to speed it up. I'd like to stick with sweat copper manifolds and I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a jig to shop fab them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Steve_35
    Steve_35 Member Posts: 546
    Options

Is anyone shop fabricating manifolds with a jig? We're doing mostly baseboard or radiant panels and build our manifolds on site from sweat copper. They look darned nice but I'd like to find a way to speed it up. I'd like to stick with sweat copper manifolds and I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a jig to shop fab them. I'm looking to steal ideas. :)

Thanks.
  • Bill NTSG
    Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
    Options
    I use

a pre-made copper manifold. Alberta custom tee I think it is. 72"X 1" X 3/4" or 1" X 1/2". Cut it to suit your needs. Wirsbo and heatway have similar products. Way faster than soldering tee's together. I would post a pic. but I left them all in my old computer
  • John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    Options
    T Drill

I've done some custome stuff with a T drill,but usually only if a premanufactured manifold wouldn't fit the bill.

For the most part we use brass manifolds.By the time you add all the parts needed to make a good manifold the brass ones will be cheaper.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.