Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Commercial Job - DF

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,529
did you get this one, Dan?
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Options

This is the MedImmune building in Gaithersburg, MD. We are installing a floor warming system in the corridor and offices that circle the inner ring of the building. The primary heat system is a VAV system with ceiling slot diffusers. Due to the large expanse of glass, there was a concern that the marble floors would be ice cold. Our floor warming system will solve that problem.

We started this one last Tuesday. We will be piping the mechanical room next week. I will post photos when done. We are tapping off a 4" primary loop that circulates 180* water 24/7. We will mix this down using a Wirsbo Promix weather responsive control. The heat source for the entire building is a pair of 20 million BTU Cleaver Brooks steam boilers with steam to water heat exchangers. I will post photos of these next week. -DF

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Options
    Referral

Dan,

This one was a referral from my local Wirsbo Rep - The Joyce Agency. -DF

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,529
    Options
    Looks like

a plan-and-spec job. Great work, as usual!
    Retired and loving it.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Fun!

what an excellent application for referrals. Hopefully you can get you company name in a prominate place, for all to see. Maybe the thermostats?

Who are those handsome gents with the hard hats upon them :)

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    Do they have a need

For steam in the building? It baffles me as to why someone would expend the resources to heat water past the boiling point when they only want 180* in the first place. Doesn't make any sense unles they use steam as part of a process or for manufacturing something. Just doesn't make any sense at all if they aren't.
This discussion has been closed.