Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

stair climbers

Options
jim f
jim f Member Posts: 182
i know this thread has been up before.....but does any one have any info on stair climbers. i seen the esclara and powermate.any prefrances or opinions.??
thanks
jim f.

Comments

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Used both

The PowerMate was a real workhorse.

Both have different features, the Escalara has built-in stops for climbing.

Either one is a good choice.

Factor in the weight of the stair climber when you get on older stairs or poorly built stairs.

They are not light!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • keith_7
    keith_7 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    stair climbers

leased a powermate LH-1 for mostly water heaters and small boilers and furnaces. great product but stay away from the leasing end of it. powermate farms out there leases to a broker who can stick you with anyone!!
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 765
    Options

We use the Escalera. They have a great web site, www.escalera.com. We use the heck out of it and it is holding up fine. Not as heavy duty and the PowerMate but less costly. We use it for cast iron boilers and moving around cast iron radiators. Get the big wheels with it. We also got the fork lift attachment. Works great! You can lift many hundreds of pounds stright up off the floor and roll it around.
    Dave Stroman
  • David Sutton_3
    David Sutton_3 Member Posts: 160
    Options
    just bought a .....

lectrotruck stair walker nice a little heavey but pulls out 6 sec. Crane boilers like they where colubia gems...David
  • Cosmo_2
    Cosmo_2 Member Posts: 43
    Options
    I remember...

I was about to buy the escalera when I read a post here that someone who had one said he did'nt like it because the climber only grabbed on to the front edge of a stair tread, and had an accident on an old set of stairs. Can't remember who that was though.......
    I also know a few people who have the Escalera and really like them!

Cosmo
    Cosmo
  • paul lessard_2
    paul lessard_2 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    question for powermate users

when comparing all the choices It looked like the P/M needed alot of up and down movement to get up the stairs
    seems like the boiler would like to return to it's home the hard way ...I like my escelera and I always check the front of the tread for cracked areas
  • Don Walsh
    Don Walsh Member Posts: 131
    Options
    top of the stair??

I often wondered what happens at the top of the stairs when you have 2 or 3 outside steps to go down. Do you have to remove the dolly or can the thing turn in place on a landing area?
This discussion has been closed.