Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil heating in the news tonight on channel 27

Options
Just returned from a shoot with News 27. We talked about lots of things, specifically the upgrading of older oil-fired equipment to modern high efficiency appliances. Gave NAOHSM a plug along the way, but no telling what will wind up on the cutting room floor.

They're following up on a wire report regarding Opec limiting supply to drive up fuel costs this winter and wanted to know what homeowners can do to conserve.

I had all my combustion analyzers at hand, but they wanted more generic homeowner stuff instead, although I did work in how critical it is to have qualified technicians perform an annual cleaning & tune-up. Also emphasized CO detectors and checking chimneys for annual inspections (again - by professionals).

Should be on tonight. I'll miss it due to our Scout Troop court of honor tonight.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=98&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Dave, Dave,Dave !!!!

You spoke the "forbidden word"!!!

We don't clean an oil burner, we SERVICE it . Even saying the word "cleaning" implies that oil is a dirty fuel. I've had this discussion with numerous office personnell, and I
    STRESS that this is a VERY important word to avoid, if we want to keep our jobs for a while.

Firedragon made an interesting comment about losing something like, 50% of fuel oil customers to gas in the last 40 years. The public perceives oil as a dirty fuel already. We know the truth. In most areas, it is less expensive to heat with than NG. The most important thing to do ....is to SERVICE any and all oil equipment, preferrably annually. I've found a few ways to extend that, but that's another story. Your pointing to testing
    equipment .may or may not end up on the cutting room floor, but it IS the most important part of discouraging the untrue myth. Chris .

P.S. How's things going in the land of Issabella?
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    No power again!

Another 24 hours and counting without power. After the court of honor, I headed to the shop and brought home the generator. The bugger weighs 160 Lbs (without gas!), so I used the aluminum ramps as my back is already sore from man handling trees!

Little of my stuff made it onto the news 27 report. I did talk about professional service & mentioned cleaning with respect to brushing between the sections and that doing a professional clean & tune saves 10% (or more) in fuel usage.

Other "more important" news occured during the day, so our stuff got cut to the bone and pushed back. But, that's how they fill out their broadcasts & if it had been a slow news day, we'd have seen lots more air time.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.