Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant

Options
Bill NTSG
Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
.. it depends. You really need to do an accurate heat loss. A good contractor or supply house can help with the heat loss if you buy your material from them in most cases.

Bock makes a very good water heater, but they are not in the burner business. Somewhere your info. may have gotten confused.

I would be very, very, very, leary of internet radiant packages. In the past some people have had some not so favorable experience with this. I can not elaborate on this, but I will say, if it sounds to good to be true .................... .

Comments

• Tom Uhll
    Tom Uhll Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Radiant heat

I just built a 1,500 sq. ft addition on my 1,400 sq. ft house on the east end of Long Island. I am considering the use of radiant heating (stapled to underside of subfloor) to heat the rooms added on. I currently have an oil fired hot water baseboard system. The net BTU rating is 87,000. Alongside the oil burner is a 50 gal hot water storage tank. Currently there are 2 zones: upstairs and down. I plan on installing hardwood floors in the bedrooms and living areas and tile in kitchen, baths, etc. Any Ideas on what size boiler I need to upgrade to and does anyone have any thoughts on Bock burners. A radiant heat company sells complete systems in a kit form and that is the brand they use. Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
  • Tom Uhll
    Tom Uhll Member Posts: 2
    Options

You're probably right Bill. I was hoping to install the system myself and save a little money. But like they Pennywise, pound foolish. I'll have a few plumbing/ heating company's come by for estimates. Thanks for your response.
    Tom
This discussion has been closed.