Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Most scenic drive near denver?

Options
historic,natural or wetheadish? I rented a car and would like to take a memorable tour
thanks paul.....

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    Just

drive from the hotel to Glenwood Springs. Amazing country all the way.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    How much time do you want to spend?

What Dan said is an excellent drive, however it is 3 hours one way. You get two perspectives, one going and one coming back, so it is a definate worth while drive.

If you only have a few hours to spare, you could wander up towards the gambling/mining towns of Black Hawk and Central City, home of the richest square mile on Earth.

For a 5 hour drive, you could head North and go through the Rocky Mountain National Park, then cross over Trail Ridge Road and come back to Denver over Loveland Pass.

For a quicky, you could go West on I-70 and go through the Eisenhauer tunnels, therby going UNDER the continental divide, then turn left a Lake Dillion and come back over Loveland Pass, thereby going OVER the continental divide. Thats about a 2 to 3 hour trip depending on traffic, but there's not many people who can claim that they went under and over the continental divide in one hour...

As with any hydronic heating question, the correct answer is, "It depends..."

How much time ya got on your hands?

In any case, if you've never seen the Rockies up close and personal, you will LOVE what you see. The aspen trees should be in full colors by then. Bring your camera and lots of film.

ME
  • TJ
    TJ Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Pikes Peak

Paul,

the drive up to the top of 14,000 ft. Pikes peak, down in Colorado Spring is worth taking.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Colorado

is a beautifull state.

You can go North to Boulder, or South to Breckinridge ( how far of a drive is that Mark ? ).

Don't forget the Coors Tour :).

Wish I was going but we'll be in California the next week.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Steve Minnich_1
    Steve Minnich_1 Member Posts: 127
    Options
    I love

the trip from Estes Park and up the mountain and back down the West side to Steamboat Springs. The sites are breathtaking(literally:)).

Steve

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Greg Swob
    Greg Swob Member Posts: 167
    Options
    drives near Denver

Sandy & I go to Blackhawk/ Central a couple times a year when visiting Denver - nice drive! It's just a sort jaunt from the city, although I personally could care less about gambling myself... that's her game! A lot of old gold mines nearby, not sure if any still provide tours. Golden is just a few miles W. and has the Coors plant - tours showing a lot of rather large 'copper kettles'. Also, anywhere where along Hiway 285 (goes SW out of Denver) is a very pleasant drive. Some friends of mine like to rent Harleys and motor around in the Rockies. I rafted the Royal Gorge in July, that is less than a couple of hours SW of Denver but the water won't be as active this time of year. Greg
    Greg
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 765
    Options

Any one a baseball fan? If you are in town for the weekend, Coors field the one of the nicest ballparks around. The Rockies are playing the Dodgers on Sun. the 21st. at 1PM. I will be there. Many Rockies fans turn into Bronco fans this time of year. And since that will be the day of the first Bronco game, the park will be very sparsely populated. Buy the cheap Rockpile tickets but sit just about anywhere. You can sit in the ball park and still have a great view on the Rocky Mts. Give me beer and peanuts and it is almost heaven.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• paul lessard_2
    paul lessard_2 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    thanks for the tips guys !

After poking around colorado web sites I realized this is a jeepers paradise.here in mass you are almost a criminal
    for going off road!
    I already rented a town car and will try to cancel.I would rather rent a jeep.
    they also rent 4 wheelers and dirt bikes with trailers
    how cool is that see you all there! paul...
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 765
    Options

Opps, they are playing San Diego, not the Dodgers.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Estes Park & Garden of the Gods

Two great places to visit in the Denver area. If you get a chance, visit the town of Loveland -- verrrry nice. I wish I could be there!
  • jim sokolovic
    jim sokolovic Member Posts: 439
    Options
    Scenic places near Aspen...

Maroon Belles has snow covered mountains and a beautiful lake, and nearby horseriding.
    Hanging Lake is close to Glenwood Springs. You have to hike to it. It's small and secluded, but very cool clear green water from what I remember almost 30 years ago.
    Colorado had the most to see (natural stuff) of any place I ever visited. I hope the droughts of recent years have not diminished that.
This discussion has been closed.