Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any Negatives

mp1969
mp1969 Member Posts: 226
Have a shoestring budget job for a young lady who of course wants a very cost effective hydronic system. They are doing a great deal of work themselves and are so far within budget. Due to the style of this rather differnt home we had to use baseboard heat for the living areas and in floor for the integral garage and groundfloor area.
Has high R values in walls (w/new 4" wall panel type insulation ) tongue and groove 2.5 inch flooring and very restrictive lamenated beams throuhout home (spaced at about 5'0 centers)
Have been looking at the Telydyne Laars boiler with indirect domestic water heater as a buffer tank, I am wondering about the reliability of this system as I have only installed T.L. for swimming pool heaters or large commercial water heating applications.
With the threat of huge natural gas increases we want to do things as fuel efficient as possible.
Any experience with these boilers?

Thanks

MP 1969

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=250&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    LAARS

I've installed quite a few LAARS boilers over the years, and as long as you pipe them correctly and pump them correctly you should have no trouble.

It is very important that you NOT let the delta T go higher than 20 degrees or your customer will think their house is haunted. They will moan like a lost soul wandering the earth!

Water quality is important as is combustion air quality. You mentioned pool heaters and I have seen copper tubes get eaten by chlorine when the boiler was installed in the pool area.

The buffer tank is a good idea. These boilers can take lower return temps than cast iron but acidic condensate will still harm them.

Hope this helps.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Lost souls...wandering the earth??????

like CHILDREN OF THE GRAVE??????? Revolution in their minds...the children start to march......md

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    teledyne lars

i have one in my home with there indirect tank haven,t had one promblem and it's been about 10 to 12 years like stated before pay close attaintion to the piping and when i changed to this unit my gas bill did decrease about 20 bucks a month and that was 10 years ago or so if i had to do it again i believe i would use a buderus they are a excellent unit with alot of features for the dollor and there price around hear is about the same as the major american boilers ps at the time my boiler had started to leak and the hot water heater was shot it was choice since i needed both good luck
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
This discussion has been closed.