Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat Conductive Compound

Options
I can't seem to find it in their catalog. Do you have a part number, or the name they use (thermal grease, heat conductive compound, etc)?

Thanks hr

Mark

Comments

• Mark J Strawcutter
    Mark J Strawcutter Member Posts: 625
    Options
    product/source recommendation

I'm looking for "heat conductive compound" such as Honeywell 107408 (4oz can) or some other "thermal grease" to use with temp probes in wells.

Local supply houses give me one of the following responses:

1) We don't get any call for that

2) You don't need that

3) It should come with the control

4) Here 'ya go - as they hand me a tube of temperature tolerant grease for use on hot water faucets (sez so right on the label).

What do you guys use?

Mark
  • Vernon P. James
    Vernon P. James Member Posts: 42
    Options
    compound

I use the honeywell. It works real well. If you use it you will find that your controls will operate much closer to the temeperature settings of the control with less over/under shoot. Most of honeywell's controls come with it in box now. On word of caution once you open it up it is just like never seize. The damn grey stuff seems to end up every where and when you wipe it off your cheek, hands or whatever it reappears in 3 more spots you never touched.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Johnstone Supply

has small squeeze tubes in their catalogs.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • John@Reliable_4
    John@Reliable_4 Member Posts: 101
    Options
    Not that gray heat conductive compound stuff!!!!!!!!

Yes it does work great BUT, have you ever tried to take apart a control once that is in the well. Guess what you can't, so now you must drained the system,replace control and well ,purge system etc , etc, a simple 20 min. control swap now takes 2 hours. I use hi-temp wheel bearing grease for cars and found it works well, plus easy clean up. Hope this helps. John@Reliable
  • Mark J Strawcutter
    Mark J Strawcutter Member Posts: 625
    Options
    I stopped in

a Johnstone store on vacation (wife and kids thought I was nuts :-) and all they had was some silicone-like stuff designed for refrigeration - sealing sensing bulbs to tubing.

I'll check their catalog. Thanks.

Mark
  • scrook
    scrook Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Thermal Grease

Any electronics supply store (even the lowly Radio Shack) will have Heat Sink Thermal Grease - white, MESSY & thermally conductive -- in tubes or plastic jars.
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Options
    Heat conductive compound

Honeywell part #107408

R.E. Michel catalog #2C896

-DF

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Johnstone #

R-54-566 about 8 bucks a tube.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.