Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

DANFOSS AUCTION FOR NEW YORK CARES!

Options
Mr. Bill
Mr. Bill Member Posts: 71
These auctions are a great and inexpensive way for our industry to get involved in some worthwhle projects.

So here's our contribution to NY city. A 6 pack of Danfoss slow activating actuators, double union 3/4" sweat valves, digital heating thermostats. See attached.

Would be a great bargain at $500.00

Have fun & support the cause.

Comments

• Murph'_4
    Murph'_4 Member Posts: 209
    Options
    I'll open ....

for 100$ ,what time is this auction over? I think Dan is out making movies, Matt is gonna be a star!!

Murph'
  • Mr. Bill
    Options

I guess Dan sets the auction duration. It sems he's N/A, so I'll pick Sunday midnight, unless Dan comes back and overides it.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,528
    Options
    Thanks so much for doing this, Bill

Sunday at midnight it is! The highest bid for this great package of fine products wins. Winner is based on the Wall's time stamp. If there's a tie, I'll flip a coin.

Thanks!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    You'll never get a Harley at those prices Murph!

Not even a ride on my 1974 Super Glide (wish I'd kept that beauty).

150 snapping turtles your way!

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
  • Murph'_4
    Murph'_4 Member Posts: 209
    Options
    my first was.....

a 1977 glide, I think the only thing original on that bike was the mirrors, long story but all i can say is ya' did not want to be on the wrong side of these fellas'!! you guys are killing me here......275$

Murph'

(was there a bypass differential valve in this kit?)
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    first ride

a 1957 pan head hard tail. My cousins. Late one night & I mean - very late, we were riding home. He stopped in a mall parking lot and climbing off (with motor still running) said "There you go.". "What do you mean there you go?", I asked. "It's yours to ride", he said. I protested, "But I've never driven a bike before". "Then you'll walk home", he said!

Long & short of it - I drove that pan-head around the parking lot for at least an hour! I developed a quick case of Hog Fever that didn't go away.

A few months later, I was driving down main street & spied a full dresser for sale. Not exactly what I wanted, but - nothing ventured - nothing gained. In talking with the owner, he quickly surmised I was looking for something a tad sportier(G). "Talk to my brother", he said, "he's got a nice super glide that's been garage kept and has only 3,500 miles on it."

I bought it.

But you want to hear a real heart breaker? Many years earlier, I lived on a farm and worked those fields whilst serving my plumbing apprenticeship - plumbing won my heart.

My neighbor had what, at first glance, looked like a dirt bike. Rode it through the fields for fun, but it had an uncanny sound. Eventually, he asked me if I'd like to buy it & I checked it out - a 1941 900cc fin head Harley with suicide shifter! He wanted $600.00 & I offered $500.00. He sold it the very next day, that guy fixed it up & sold it for something like 10 G's! D'oh!

All this to say - $299.99 back at you! Pfttttttttttt!!!!!
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • eleft_4
    eleft_4 Member Posts: 509
    Options
    ZV Packs

how about a 48 Indian that would burn more feed of clutch and leave more pieces on the side of the road, from vibration, than any Hog. Full fenderd, side shift and left-hand throttle 600X16 rubber.... I'll go 400 dollars for that 6 pack

al
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Remember,

this one closes at midnight. Thanks!
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Winner!

Eleft gets it for $400. Please make your donation to Meg's site and send me the confirmation. I'll get the info to Bill. Thanks!

MEG'S SITE
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mr. Bill
    Options
    Zone Valve Packs/ 48 Indian

Thank you Eleft and all those who participated. As soon as Dan gives us the word the 6 pack will be on the way. You had me curious about the 48 Indian so I've attached a picture for those who have never seen one.

Bill
  • eleft_4
    eleft_4 Member Posts: 509
    Options
    Dat's It

You are welcome Mr. Bill and thank you for contributing to the value of this site.
    al
This discussion has been closed.