Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How about that Saugus little league team

Options
ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
What a game. Saugus had Texas beat 10-6, Texas came back and tied it up. Saugus had last bat in extra innings and won by one score. I was so happy for these boys from New England but the faces of the boys from Texas really really hurt to see.

All these kids are champs.

But the boys from Saugus get Lobsta with Butta. And Maybe some root Beah. Thats Tonic for for all of you pop and soda drinka's.

Scott

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=237&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Read this in Johnny Most's voice.....

LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Tears in the dugout turned to a celebration on the field when Saugus, Mass., which blew an eight-run lead, scored four runs in the bottom of the seventh inning and beat Richmond, Texas, 14-13 last night in the U.S. semifinals of the Little League World Series.

Matthew Muldoon's RBI single tied the game in the seventh inning, and David Ferreira drove in the winning run with a two-out swinging bunt. Dario Pizzano began jumping in celebration as he crossed the plate, while Ferreira, who didn't immediately start running after hitting the ball, barely beat the throw to first to give Saugus the victory.

"I thought it was a foul at first," Ferreira said. "Then I saw it was fair, and I just started running my fastest."

Saugus (4-0) will play Boynton Beach, Fla., in tomorrow night's U.S. championship game. Saugus beat Boynton Beach 4-3 in pool play Monday night.

Eli Sepulveda hit an RBI double and Cody Robinson a two-run homer that traveled an estimated 283 feet in the top of the seventh to give Richmond (2-2) a 13-10 lead.

But Robinson walked the bases loaded in the bottom of the inning, forcing a switch to Randal Grichuk, who had yet to pitch in the series.

Dario Pizzano's RBI single and an error on the throw to the plate brought Saugus within 13-12. Grichuk then got two strikes on Muldoon, bringing tears to the eyes of at least one of his teammates in the Saugus dugout. However, Muldoon then lined a single to right that scored Tyler Grillo and tied the score.

"I was making plans for Saturday, then halfway through (the seventh) I was making plans to go home," Saugus Manager Rob Rochenski said. "I just couldn't believe it."

Ferreira then tapped a ball right down the third base line that, at first, seemed like it was heading foul. It stayed fair, however, and Ferreira beat the throw to first by half a step while Pizzano raced home with the winning run.

Players who began crying in the dugout as their eight-run lead evaporated soon joined Pizzano in a celebration on the field as their fans chanted, "Saugus, Saugus!"

"That was probably the most exciting game I've ever been a part of or watched or coached or played in," Rochenski said. "That was unbelievable."

Muldoon (2-0) earned the win; Grichuk (0-1) took the loss.

"To see it end on a swinging bunt is hard to swallow," Richmond manager Jim Michalek said. "At no point did I think that we had it won, and at no point did I think they had it won."

Earlier yesterday, Japan beat Mexico 7-1 to advance to their fourth straight international championship game, where they will face a team from Curacao, Netherlands Antilles, for the third consecutive time.

The world championship is Sunday.

Grichuk started the Richmond rally with a solo homer in the fourth to make it 10-3. Jimmy Michalek tripled, then scored on an infield error to make it 10-4 in the fifth.

Grichuk's second home run, a two-run shot in the bottom of the sixth, made it 10-6, and with two outs Robinson walked to load the bases. And infield error on Garrett Staudt's grounder down the third base line allowed two runs to score, making it 10-8, and Robert Psenka's RBI single made it 10-9. Wayne Willis' RBI single, a chopper over the pitcher's head and into center field, tied the game at 10 before Grichuk struck out to end the inning.

Saugus went up 3-2 in the third on Pizzano's RBI single, and Joseph Kasabuski drove in a run with a fielder's choice to make it 4-2. In the third inning, Saugus scored two runs on an infield error, and Grillo hit an RBI single to make it 7-2. Kasabuski's three-run homer to left made it 10-2.

Richmond tied the game 2-2 in the second on Brian Foster's two-run homer to center field.

Ferreira hit a two-run double in the second to start the scoring for Saugus.

• Joe Kuhl
    Joe Kuhl Member Posts: 17
    Options

Being from New Hampshire it's nice to see a New England team make it this far. But then again, being from New Hampshire we have a name for folks from Mass. LOL
  • Joe Kuhl
    Options

Ask the guy from Mass. I don't want to insult any of my neighbors to the south of me. Especially those in the trade. Although there are times when the name definately fits.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Not to fan the flames

But how are the cows doing ?

Scott " Mass.... " Milne :)

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Joe Kuhl
    Options

Oh haven't you heard? The cows left when all the high tech companies that used to be in Mass. started relocating to New Hampshire. But if I see any of those cows I'll be sure to let them know some MASSHOLE was asking. LOL
This discussion has been closed.