Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant wholesalers

Options
Jim, I gotta tell you about the guys at the Morris,IL branch of Munch's Supply. Tom S., Mini Moose and especially Steve M. These guys bend over backwards for me. When I can't get to the store before closing to get a part one of them will bring it to me or take it home for me to pick up. Steve M. and I went to the Wirsbo Mini Camp together and what I forgot he remembers. I just can't say enough about the service I get. I was the first American Standard dealer with Munch's and it is because Tom S. talked me into it. It's been 16 years and I keep on selling them. Now we are getting pretty serious about in floor and radiant heat and they are right there to help me out. Thanks for listening.....John b.

Comments

• Jim Olsztynski
    Jim Olsztynski Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Radiant wholesalers

Friends, I'm working on an article about the wholesaler's role in the radiant marketplace, and fishing for anecdotes about wholesalers who have been particularly helpful to contractors, reps, manufacturers, anyone else in this business. Please share with me any experiences you may have had where a wholesaler did well by you in technical service, troubleshooting, product acquisition, or who simply does a good job for you over a period of time.

Just positive feedback, please. Harangues have their place, but not here and now. Assume that your comments may be published with attribution, unless you tell me not to.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you could provide the name of the company, location and contact name, a number/e-mail too if handy. Feel free to e-mail me privately, or post to the Wall for all to see, whichever is your preference.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim Olsztynski, Editor, Supply House Times, 630-694-4006
  • Rookie
    Rookie Member Posts: 175
    Options
    re:Radiant Rep

Jim,

I had a situation where my Wholesaler ( F.W. WEbb ) in conjunction with Watts Radiant ( Rich McNally) went well beyond the call of duty. They made sure that an elderly client of mine, can withstand the cold New England winters with Radiant comfort. I will forward you all the information.

Jim Kelleher
  • kevin_5
    kevin_5 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    Nebraska's finest

I first met Paul Rohrs of Lincoln Winnelson over the phone. I was hunting for some manifolds that my old supplier couldn't (didn't want to?) come up with.
    Paul called me several times to let me know the status of the hunt/order/backorder, and when they came in, he drove 240 miles round trip to deliver them to me.

I was amazed at that kind of service, and he even bought me breakfast. Perhaps most amazingly, he sends customers my way BEFORE they buy tubing directly (not from him)and bury it in concrete without benefit of heatloss or design.
    Now that was something new!

He is someone you can trust. And even though he knows more than I do, he is neither conceited nor content in his knowledge. He doesn't rest on his laurels, but is constantly striving to learn and improve his serve.
    He returns phone calls, and answers questions,
    even if it's an, "I'll find out and get back to you".
    (In which case, he WILL find out, and he WILL get back to you) I think his lovely wife even finds him useful around the house.
    He first turned me onto Dan Holohan's books, so what more can be said... It's even rumored he goes out in the field and (gasp) get his hands dirty on occasion. He will make a Great "Dead Man" someday.

He is on the Wall a lot, and will be embarrased to see this post, but I can't take it any more. I cannot remain silent. The story must be told! :-) Kevin
    (P.S. Will this improve my multiplier?)

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,191
    Options
    Able Distributors

in the Windy City is a top notch, progressive outfit. They spare no expense getting the job done! Never one to argue or shift blame should a problem occur.

I am impress to see they, front row, attend virtually all the radiant training programs currently available. Always on the cutting edge regarding new products and technology. Willing to boldly go where few other wholesalers dare tread.

I like that in a supplier! With the Chicago wind on their backs, they should go far :)

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    Options
    HR

> in the Windy City is a top notch, progressive

> outfit. They spare no expense getting the job

> done! Never one to argue or shift blame should a

> problem occur.

>

> I am impress to see they,

> front row, attend virtually all the radiant

> training programs currently available. Always on

> the cutting edge regarding new products and

> technology. Willing to boldly go where few other

> wholesalers dare tread.

>

> I like that in a

> supplier! With the Chicago wind on their backs,

> they should go far :)

>

> hot rod

for the kind words. What we
  • Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    Options
    HR

thanks for the kind words.

Michael Bleier
    Able Distributors
    www.abledistributors.com
    "The Supplier That Works With You"
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    That's easy................Wheels is

one of a very, very few guys on the planet I trust implicitly in regards to advice and I value his opinion. We talk almost every day and some of it actually centers around heating! While I do purchase my tubing elsewhere, we do quite a bit of biz otherwise. Steve has a wealth of knowledge and is willing to share it.......... for a price ;-) If there were more wholesalers of his caliber, we, as an industry, would be in a much better position.

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• doug_10
    doug_10 Member Posts: 102
    Options
    Heatboy

what wholesaler does wheels work for? I already know but thought it would be fun for the rest of the class to participate...:)

Michael Bleier
    Able Distributors
    www.abledistributors.com
    "The Supplier That Works With You"
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    I don't even do business with Steve,

but I know who he works for! Avco Supply, right??

If he WERE in my region, you can bet I'd be doing buckage with him.

I'd have to offer up Matt Carr at Dahl Denver. This guy knows more than most people forgot. If it is to be had, Matt knows where. And he too has gone way out of his way to make it right.

Another up and comer would be Charles Potter at Water Systems Inc. I know this guy's sharp because he took my class;-) and he knows where to find one pipe fittings!:-)

Water Systems is one of those places that you know is going to have what you need, even if it is an oddball fitting, like a 1/2 x 2-1/2 x 3/4 copper tee. Got BINS full of them! And if they don't have it, they'll make one up for you without asking.

Both good guys in my eyes.

Then there's Dennis Bellanti. This guy has literally changed the way the industry does business. He made some mistakes when he was a young buck, but didn't we all? He took Buderus from a no name never heard of boiler company to make it one of the most talked about and used boilers in the front range area. And if there's ever a problem, you can call him and he'll get you the answer.

I remember once, trying to kick start a troublesome Riello burner, had reached my wits end, called Dennis on his cell phone, and he talked me through the whole thing. We got done and I asked him where he was. He told me he was at his grandmothers wake. Talking about feeling 2 inches tall... But that's just the kinda guy Dennis is. Straight forward, helpful, courteous, knowledgable and always willing to lend a hand. All these guys are going to be at Wet Stock, and they ALL get my business.

Hope to see you there too!

ME
This discussion has been closed.