Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tragic death

Options
Mad Dog
Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
my heart bleeds for the boy and all involved. However, this SHOULD NEVER have happened. Where was the mother? and, where was the boyfriend? Not where they should have been! I see very young kids - as young as 2-3 - running amok around the neighborhood, around the mall. Many parents today seem out to lunch - looking for dinner. When I worked in NYC years ago, I saw a mother that had a harness and leash around her kid as they walked the streets of manhattan. My first reaction was: "wow! that's kinda sick." But then I said: "hey you know what, its not a bad idea...between the crazy cabbies, the bike messengers, and the child abductors...she's smart. No parent is perfect, and things can happen in a split second, but this one SHOUL HAVE been prevented. God Bless that child. Mad Dog

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=210&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    How could this happen?

How does 10-year-old get behind the wheel of a forklift? This is tragic:

Girl, 6, dies after brother runs her over with forklift

Monday, August 18, 2003

ASSOCIATED PRESS

LEONI TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- A 6-year-old girl died after being run over by a forklift driven by her 10-year-old brother at a heating and cooling business, police said.

Police were called to Lindsay Heating & Cooling in Jackson County on Sunday afternoon following the accident, The Jackson Citizen Patriot reported. The girl, identified as Arika Hamilton, was taken to an area hospital, where she later died.

The children were with Arika's mother's boyfriend, who owns the business, Leoni Township police said. The mother wasn't at the scene at the time of the accident.

The investigation into the death was ongoing.

Leoni Township is located near Jackson, about 80 miles west of Detroit and 40 miles south of Lansing.

...I pray for the family.
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    You said it all,

with your last line. That family is going to need a lot of support to get through something like this. Both emotionally and spiritually. WW

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • kevin_5
    kevin_5 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    tragic

I pity the brother. He more than anyone will live with that memory for the rest of his life.
    In my rural area, more than one child has been killed riding 3 or 4-wheelers. These things are not meant to be babysitters. Watch someone try to sue the forklift manufacturer for not having the necessary safety devices in place to prevent such a tragedy. A few weeks ago, several youth climbed a grain elevator nearby. Probobly 180 feet up. A girl (13 years old I believe) fell down an open elevator shaft and died. Safety cannot be fully legislated, and danger cannot be totally eliminated. We must all use our brains, and take responsibility for our own actions. Kevin

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.