Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rudd gas water heater thermostat/valve

Options
Wm
Wm Member Posts: 2
I have a 53 year old Rudd 40 Monel 60 gallon gas water heater. It's in real good shape except ===> I need a replacement gas valve / thermostat. Do you know who might carry a replacement / equivalent part?? I have tried the Rheem/Rudd manufacturer.

Thanx - W Bush

Comments

• It uses a Robertshaw Control

It is probably replaced by a Robertshaw Catalog # 110-326 control. Does it have a regulator ahead of the control on the gas line? If so when you put in the new control remove that regulator as the new control has the regulator built in.You can get the control at just about any heating supply or plumbing supply house.

Those Monel tanks last forever do not get rid of it they do not make them like that anymore.

Last of all if you are not a contractor I suggest you click "Find a Contractor" to get professional help in ordering the correct control and installing it correctly. While they are at it they should clean the burner area and flue and clean the pilot and put in a new thermocouple. Ask them to do a combustion and Carbon Monoxide test on the heater also.
This discussion has been closed.