Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Not all kids are bad

Options
John R. Hall
John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
Contrary to impressions that people get from the media, i.e. MTV -- most kids are good with good hearts.

I know your grandson's grandpa and I think he is a pretty special guy, too.

Comments

• My Grandson

who is 18 years old did something with two of his friends that really made me proud.

A friend of his father abandoned the family left wife and four kids with very little money and a lot of broken down equipment. The grandson and two of his buddy's went out and bought a brand new dishwasher with the money they have been making cutting lawns. They installed it while she was away from the house and suprised her. She broke down and cried to think that teenage boys would think to do such a thing.

Of course grandad had to go help with a little of the diconnecting of the old and installing of the new. He is really a good kid, he will be going off to be an architect this fall on a full academic and athletic scholarship.

Not all kids are bad, some are rally GREAT, Sorry I am just real proud.
  • Howard
    Howard Member Posts: 57
    Options

One of the things this world needs is an architect compassionate enough to keep the dryer vent away from the condensing unit.
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    You should be proud

Sounds like your grandson is a special person. I've got an 18 year old daughter who is a special person too, not that I could be objective. She does volunteer work woth autistic children sometimes. She's on her way to college up in Rochester NY. There's some good ones out there along with the rest. Just think. They'll be running the Country when we're gumming our toast.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • David Sutton_3
    David Sutton_3 Member Posts: 160
    Options
    you have just cause.....

Tim you should be proud of what he has done, we are to serve one another if we did this would be a far greater world . your grandson paid it forward.
    i teach a boys program called the Royal Rangers what your grandson did, is what i try every week to instill in the young minds i have been trusted with, i am proud of him as well!!.. Thank you for the great news ...David
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    I think

The apple dos'nt fall to far from the old tree !

Great news Tim you should be proud.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • kevin_5
    kevin_5 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    I got an idea...

Hey Wayne and Tim, maybe those two youngsters ought to get together. It sounds like they would be a good team!
    Here's a big "attaboy" for each of you. Kevin

• Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Sounds like...

a genetic thang to me. Keep up the good work in many ways Tim.

The "why" generation is next to inherit our deeds. Our retirement is in THEIR hands.

Even though they look funny, the're an intelligent, caring bunch.

ME
This discussion has been closed.