Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Replacement boiler in PA.

Options
jslooes
jslooes Member Posts: 1
If the chimney is not lined it needs to be, either with pre-fabricated liner or ceramic. We represent Buderus Hydronic Systems and Pro-Tech chimey liner in the area and Grove Supply and/or RE Michels is a good source.

Comments

• MARS
    MARS Member Posts: 3
    Options
    replacement boiler for friend in PA

• MARS
    MARS Member Posts: 3
    Options
    replacement boiler for friend in PA

Hey guys my names matt, I work for Advanced Hydronics out here in Denver. Ive got a number of questions about a boiler swap out I hope to Do for a very good friend in PA.The current system is a old oil fired New york boiler with a coil for dhw production. The system is a straight foward C,I, radiator and baseboard system two zone no bells or whistles. My questions are as follows. A. The currant boiler vents into a masonary chimny I think the chimny is lined with a masonary liner but I dont know for sure being that the boiler is oil fired do I need to line the chimney with a liner for the vent or is it ok as is? B. Is there agood supply house near quakertown PA that I could go to as an outsider. I understand that there are some fergusons outlets out that way any help hear would. be greatly apreaciated. C.My experiance out here in colorado is with boilers that eat natural gas. I cut my teeth on Burnham boilers and understand that burnham makes a series of oil fired boilers that have a dhw coil. Now having said that I understand the energy savings of going with a "side arm w h " but the cost appears to be out of the question. Would any of you guys know what the average differance would be. The currant system is 70000 btuh. I just dont have acces to basic numbers out there.
This discussion has been closed.