Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Grundfos Comfort Series

Options
Tom Tuohy
Tom Tuohy Member Posts: 8
Has anyone been using the Grundfos Comfort Series Instant Hot Water System. This uses a low flow circ that goes on the discharge of a water heater and a diverta valve that goes under the furthest or affending fixture to lessen the wait time for hot water. We just put our first one in with mixed results. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TT

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,529
    Options
    How were the results

mixed, Tom?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    I'm also

curious, Tom. My wife's bathroom is about 60 feet from the water heater and I've been thinking of doing something soon.
  • Drew Childress_2
    Drew Childress_2 Member Posts: 6
    Options

I have a Grundfos Comfort pump in my house. I got the basic one without the timer or stat. I have about 40' of 3/4" pex to a mater bath header and pull a 1/2" recirc off of it back to an indirect hot water tank. I have hot water in my master shower in seconds. Only downsides are that it may be causing my furnace to trigger unecessarily to maintain IDHW tank temp.
  • Tom Tuohy
    Options
    Results

After installing the circulator on the hot side of the WH we had to purge te air out of all the hot water lines. This stirred up the sediment in the tank wich resulted in brown water. We then had to leave the circulator of overnight so the tank would settle. We aldo now have a problem with water hammer on all the cold water fixtures. {Nocheck valve on main and problem did not exist before}. Minor problems but I was still wondering to see if anyone had differernt results.

TT
  • Tom Tuohy
    Options

Maximum length for diverta is 50 feet.You should be able to put it on the next closest fixture and improve the situation.
  • Tom Tuohy
    Options

Great system but different animal.
This discussion has been closed.