Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The use of laptops in the field

Options
Joe Grosso
Joe Grosso Member Posts: 307
I am bouncing around the idea of getting a laptop to help me in the field as a sales tool to show customer before and after of boiler installs .Also to hold all tech data on boiler specs,burner and boiler controls.Does anyone use on in the field and what do you have in it.Plus what brand do you have pros and cons.Thanks in advance on any feedback.

Comments

• chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    Options
    Almost 3 yrs

I have been using a laptop, in the field for almost 3 yrs. I have two heatloss programs on in as well as Wirsbos ADS. I keep photos of jobs on the computer, as well as having my "Quickbooks" billing program. I have a small printer, and am able to give the customer a neat clean professional looking bill as soon as the work is complete. I am using an Acer travelmate 621. It has held up great for me, the only problems I have had was replacing the battery. I dont know that much about other brands such as dell and gateway. I purchased mine from a local computer company. I have had great service when I needed it (the battery) and when I have done something stupid to the software, they have fixed what I did free of charge. I probally paid a little more this way, but I have been very happy.

Hope this helps

Chuck Shaw

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.