Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cast Iron Baseboard

Options
Jan
Jan Member Posts: 2
I have a job to install cast iron baseboard in a doctor's office. One of the carpenters on the job asked why I didn't use baseboard that was designed to cover (be installed over) the 7 inch base moulding that they were installing. They described baseboard that sounded like it had a lip on the top that held the baseboard off the wall while covering up the moulding. I've never seen or heard of baseboard like this, but it really would make the job easier. anyone have any information?

Comments

• Jan
    Jan Member Posts: 2
    Options
    cast iron baseboard

I have a job to install cast iron baseboard in a doctor's office. One of the carpenters on the job asked why I didn't use baseboard that was designed to cover (be installed over) the 7 inch base moulding that they were installing. They described baseboard that sounded like it had a lip on the top that held the baseboard off the wall while covering up the moulding, kind of like an inverted L. I've never seen or heard of baseboard like this, but it really would make the job easier. Anyone have any information?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've not seen any

Nor have I heard of any made.

Slant/Fin makes recessed and surface mounted baseboard, but the trim is usually not installed behind it.

Noel
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Ask

The carpenters to install that trim that covers your baseboard.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.