Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

APB for Ruhnke

Options
John R. Hall
John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
The News ran a brief about his new "Radiant Groover" last week and I e-mailed John about it -- but no response. Anybody seen or heard from him?

Here is the article:

Sidebar: Inventor Shows Off ‘Radiant Groover’ At RPA Expo
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — John Ruhnke, owner of JR’s Plumbing & Heating of Norwalk, Conn., brought an idea to the RPA Expo in hopes that he might find some interested parties — interested enough to want to mass-produce the product.

The product is called the “Radiant Groover.” Ruhnke describes it as a “new installation method for radiant heating, and the tools to go along with it.” The Radiant Groover is designed to rout out grooves in wood flooring for the installation of radiant heat tubing.

He said that the installation method will compete with companies that sell premanufactured panels. “The material involved with premanufactured panels can cost as much as $5 per square foot or higher,” Ruhnke explains in his literature. “The materials used in this new installation method will cost less than $1 per square foot.”

He stated that while premanufactured panels are limited in tubing sizes and tube spacing, the Radiant Groover allows for any spacing or tube size.

“Custom layouts are possible with the Radiant Groover and impossible with the premanufactured panels,” Ruhnke said.

Although the project is not yet available to the public, he is seeking a manufacturer to license the Radiant Groover technology.

JR’s Plumbing and Heating is a family-run plumbing and heating company that has been in business since 1990. The company services lower Fairfield County, Conn., working in residential, commercial, and industrial areas. JR’s specializes in hot water heating (including radiant), steam heating, and plumbing.

For more information on the Radiant Groover, visit www.radiantgroover.com or visit the company’s Web site at www.comfortableheat.com. Ruhnke can be reached at 203-849-1479 or JR@comfortableheat.com.

Comments

• hydronicsmike
    hydronicsmike Member Posts: 855
    Options
    John Ruhnke

I talked to him just this past weekend. As always, he is working very hard and is coming up with new and great ideas to make life easier.

The Radiant Groover sounds like a very effective alternative to whats out there. Am looking forward to seeing the final piece.

Like I said before, keep an eye on him. He'll make it BIG!

Mike
  • John Ruhnke1
    John Ruhnke1 Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Thanks Guys, for the support, new AP progress......

John thanks for the great article that you wrote on me. I really appreciate the publicity. I had a lot of interest at the show. How can I get a copy of the magazine it was in? Thanks Mike for the encouragement. John, How is your new book doing?

I am making some progress with the Autopurger project. I am now working with an engineer. He used to work for Armstrong pumps. He was very interested in the project while working at Armstrong but could not get the big brass to commit. He is very sharp when it comes to pumps. The brightest person in pumps that I have talked to so far. His name is Mike Wilson. He has come up with a new design that uses a diffuser. The new design will increase flow and head and reduce cost of manufacturing. I am excited about it. We have traded drawings back and forth and will have a proposal available for review very soon. Three Companies are waiting to see the new design.

I also have some interest in the Radiant Groover. It is a very broad patent!!! Which is great but is in the early stages of development. I think the early stage of development is scaring away some people. Lots of tire kickers but no one so far is serious yet.

I have secretly started a new invention project. It is still in the research stage. No development has started. People I have talked to love the idea. This new idea fits the requirements of a Grant. I plan to apply for this Grant in March, if the research proves good.

I also have a few radiant jobs that we are now working on and some nice ones in the future.

John Ruhnke
    JR@Autopurger.com

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    John,

you're an inspiration!
    Retired and loving it.
  • J.C.A._4
    J.C.A._4 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    John...

You're an inspiration to all of us who think, ...why didn't they just do ......

Thanks for all the hard work you put into thinking for all the grunts and "cellar dwellars". If the things you propose are going to make our time more equitable, you're doing a great service to the field and for the customer. Chris
This discussion has been closed.