Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WHAT IS BEST PRESSURE/TEMP HYDRONIC GUAGE?

Options
doug_10
doug_10 Member Posts: 102
with the advent of primary/secondary, closely spaced tees, injection pumps, etc., it behooves us to sprinkle the system liberally with pressure/temp gauges so that we can easily see the delta-P's & delta-T's, and set the flows accordingly, you can design and calculate from today till
doomsday, and the actual system will still behave differently, especially as it ages - it needs to be designed for controlability from the getgo,
- the other choice would be to use TEKMAR controls throughout with their mixing/flow valves and variable pump controllers - which is great, if you have gobs and gobs of cash!!! - cause unless gas tripples in price, the 30yr the energy savings wont cover the install and 30yr maintenance/repair costs

enough talk, what i need recommendation of quality pressure/temp gauge, for copper pipeing environment, where do i buy them in bulk, and what is the avg cost?

thanks, kal

Comments

• Jerry Boulanger_2
    Jerry Boulanger_2 Member Posts: 111
    Options
    My suggestion would be

to use pressure/temperature test plugs. They are inexpensive, available in 1/4" or 1/2", and will allow you to check both the temperature and the pressure at the same point with a single gauge equipped with an adaptor fitting or a bimetal thermometer. The ones I use are made by Trerice, but there are others available.
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Honeywell has...

Thermometers with 2 or 2 1/2" dials in 1/2" npt or sweat, Part numbers are GS200 or GT 161. We also have tridicators (dual temp + pressure gauges)part numbers are TD090,TD165, and TDV040. Available at any Honeywell(formerly Sparco/Braukmann) wholesaler.
This discussion has been closed.