Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus boiler

Options
C Forrest
C Forrest Member Posts: 5
Buderus boiler G224E. A replacement boiler for our existing radiant heating (slab).
Thank you for your help!
CF

Comments

• C Forrest
    Options
    Buderus Boiler

I am considering replacing our 50 yr old boiler with a Buderus G224E cast iron boiler for our existing radiant heating (slab). Has anyone encountered problems with this make/model?
    Thank you.
  • C Forrest
    Options
    Teledyne Laars JVS

I am considering replacing our 50 yr old boiler with a Teledyne Laars JVS boiler for our existing radiant heating (slab). Has anyone encountered problems with this make/model?
    Thank you.
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    can we have more...

info. please. What model Buderus? What is your application? Is there to be a total radiation replacement. a bit of radiant added or just a boiler swap out? Teledyne is an ok boiler(I had one in my last house a JVs, not one problem in 9 yrs. ) and I am putting a Buderus oil boiler(115-21) in my new house. Hope this is helpful. kpc
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    Have no experience with

the teledyne boiler, but have installed the Buderus. Works very well. Would have no qualms recommending it. WW

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • C Forrest
    Options

I am considering replacing our 50 yr old boiler with a Teledyne Laars JVS boiler for our existing radiant heating (slab). Has anyone encountered problems with this make/model? Thank you.
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    are you sure of...

the model #? Either way Make sure the new boiler is sized properly NOT oversized. and installed properly to not harn=m the old system or kill the new boiler. Best of luck,kpc
  • Josh M.
    Josh M. Member Posts: 360
    Options

I have never encountered a Buderas that wasn't meticulously assembled. It is a quality product. Their silicone casting on their cast iron sections really helps to reduce thermal shock. Which is something I would be really concerned about with a retro-fit. I am a buderas man through and through. And after two decades in the business I have seen em all.
This discussion has been closed.