Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

buderus question

Options
wjh
wjh Member Posts: 8
I am replacing my existing boiler and water heater with a buderus g115/28 and indirect water heater.I like what i have read about the buderus logamatic control hs2109.I have been told to forget that control and use a priority relay with cold start or if I wanted to keep the boiler warm use a triple aquastat set at a low temp.Should if keep the boiler warm or go cold start? What has been your experience with the logamtic control hs2109?--Any help or suggestions would be very helpful--thank you

Comments

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    HS-2109

The HS-2109 allows you better control of the tank temp and prioritizes the DHW.

You may want to consider the HS-2107 which offers outdoor reset.

Cold start is no problem for the Buderus. With an indirect fired water heater I would not recommend maintaining a low temp in the boiler as it gains you nothing.

Hope this helps!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    I agree with Mark

Cold start is not a problem with the 115. I would highly recommend the 2107 control with outdoor reset. This alone will save you some $$$ on your heating bill. The 2107 is also programmable for setback temps. There are a bunch of factory installed programs in it right out of the box or you can customize it any way you want. Think long and hard about the extra $300-$400 expense now vs. 10-20% savings on your fuel bill for as long as you own that boiler. Energy prices will never go down.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Right On!!

Steve's got it pegged...selecting the right control is critical and the integral Logomatic control with outdoor reset would be a no-brainer. This boiler is designed for cold start.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    Options
    With Buderus

There is no point to maintaining a "low temp" as the circulator supplying the domestic hot water heat exchanger will not start untill the boiler temp is 10 *F above the temp in the tank.

Chuck Shaw
This discussion has been closed.